It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• anyone have breathing problems?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
    anyone have breathing problems?

what are the breathing problems with Fibro? Lately I have felt my breathing heavy. I also haven't been sleeping all that great. that makes my breathing heavy. I just got over my heartburn I had. I also have Anxiety and have felt frazzled lately. and my breathing will get like this. I was freaking out and thought I had heart disease I looked for symptoms bad idea.

I don't have any symptoms haven't fainted, my jaw doesn't hurt, chest, etc.

does anyone else have any breathing problems like this with Fibro?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
    ladeehwk
    (female)

ladeehwk HB User
    Re: anyone have breathing problems?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
    what are the breathing problems with Fibro? Lately I have felt my breathing heavy. I also haven't been sleeping all that great. that makes my breathing heavy. I just got over my heartburn I had. I also have Anxiety and have felt frazzled lately. and my breathing will get like this. I was freaking out and thought I had heart disease I looked for symptoms bad idea.

SnowBunny89,

I am on oxygen during night times and was having problems with wheezing (breathing) with any type of exertion.. I have sleep apnea and do not get enough good nights sleep.. I just thought that went along with the fibro.. that tells you how much I know.. it seems all of the meds that I am on 'can cause insomnia' .. loosing a little weight did help with the breathing problem but I still am on oxygen at night.. have your oxygen level checked, easily done by putting the tester on your finger if it is to low, get them to refer you to a pulmonary Dr. .. if you need more oxygen you will feel a lot better when you are on it..

Take Care,
    Sandy

Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladeehwk View Post
    SnowBunny89,

I am on oxygen during night times and was having problems with wheezing (breathing) with any type of exertion.. I have sleep apnea and do not get enough good nights sleep.. I just thought that went along with the fibro.. that tells you how much I know.. it seems all of the meds that I am on 'can cause insomnia' .. loosing a little weight did help with the breathing problem but I still am on oxygen at night.. have your oxygen level checked, easily done by putting the tester on your finger if it is to low, get them to refer you to a pulmonary Dr. .. if you need more oxygen you will feel a lot better when you are on it..

Take Care,
    Sandy
    Oh I'm so sorry that sounds horrible. I'm better now. It's also been really hot. and My allergies have been bad. I also get this way when i don't get enough sleep. I did read that shortness of breath is a fibro symtom.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
    la_brat
    (female)

la_brat HB User

We have two daughter and both are diagnosed with FMS. The older has asthma and so at times has breathing problems. The younger when she is very tired and anxious has a different kind of breathing problem. She feels like she cannot get enough air. Her lungs are functioning and don't hurt. She feels like, I guess, someone would with emphysema although she does not have a blood oxygen loss. She usually gets these attacks in the evening. She goes outside in the cool air and that seems to help her.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 AM   #5
    whitetigress53
    (female)

whitetigress53 HB User

Hm....I guess I just chalked mine up to my anxiety, asthma and/or sleep apnea. Didn't even consider about it being from the fibro. A lot of times, in the early evenings and when I am in bed, I feel like I just can't get a deep enough breath. I've felt it before with my anxiety, so I didn't think anything of it. Guess maybe I should have known after taking an Ativan and using my inhaler. :P I went to the ER a while back (before fibro DX) and my 02 was okay, and they stated it was from my asthma.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
    Mommacat71
    (female)

Mommacat71 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post

I have been having problems too. I have asthma and sleeep apnea. I have a pulmonary function test done evey few months-it show my lungs are doing great but I still feel out of breath lately. I don't understand whats going on. I was thinking it was thinking something with fibro. I wish there was a better answer.

Closed Thread