It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• New here- "Migratory" pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
    jonahsmama
    (female)

jonahsmama HB User
    New here- "Migratory" pain?

Hi, I am new here. At the suggestion of a friend, I have been researching FMS in my quest to figure out what is going on with my body.

In late May I had surgery to repair a hernia. I had a lot of pain afterward, more than would be expected, and then the pain basically spread from my abdomen to my whole body.

Now it's about three months out and I still have pain every day, in neck, shoulders, wrists, hands, lower back, hips, ankles and feet. Sometimes the pain causes my fingers or toes to twitch in response. At night I deal with constant twitching...keeps me awake pretty much all night. For whatever reason, the twitching doesn't seem to happen when I am active, only when I am at rest.

Some days the pain is very bad...to the point that I feel like I am internally shaking all day. At these times it feels exhausting to do even simple tasks, like shower. On a good day, I feel aches and pains throughout the day (worst in the morning and evening/night, but maybe just because I am busy and distracted during the day?) but am able to keep going and do everything I need to.

Anyway, in reading about fibro, it really sounds like it fits what I am experiencing, but I read somewhere that the pain of fibro is NOT migratory, but rather an all over the body pain all of the time. Is this true for you?

Thanks for any info. you can provide!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
    whitetigress53
    (female)

whitetigress53 HB User
    Re: New here- "Migratory" pain?

Welcome to the board. First off, I have to tell you that every person with fibromyalgia has different experiences. The pain, and even the treatments react differently.

The majority of my pain falls in my legs and back. My shoulders and arms are tender when touched or pressure is applied, but don't have the constant ache or pain my back and legs do.

Even the type of pain is different. Some have aching, throbbing, burning, deep bone, muscle throb....

I hope for your sake that it isn't fibromyalgia, and more than likely, it will take an amount of time to even get the diagnoses. The onset after a surgery or trauma like you had is common though.

In the mean time, this is a great place for support and information.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
    jonahsmama
    (female)

jonahsmama HB User
    Re: New here- "Migratory" pain?

Thanks for the reply, whitetigress. And while I hope that whatever is affecting me isn't fibromyalgia, and is something more treatable, I am ready to just know what it is, whatever it is. I seriously am beginning to feel like that patient on every medical show...you know the one, "Mrs. White is here again. What's wrong with her this time?"

I swear they think I am crazy. I've had a CT, full MRI, tons of blood tests, had to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours, etc. etc. and everything comes back normal. Yet I KNOW that something is wrong. I've given birth four times without any meds, and yet now I can hardly care for said four children on a bad day.

I have an appt. with a rheumatologist tomorrow. I have been in and out of the neurologist's office so many times...he just keeps throwing different pain killers at me but I can't really take those and take decent care of my children. And they don't really work when I take them at night anyway.

Closed Thread