It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• stabbing pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
    stabbing pain

I woke up with stabbing shooting pains in my hip. it's driving me nuts. the pain i was having after I got the flu-shot now it's this. arrrg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
    Re: stabbing pain

Oh i feel for you here SnowBunny. I know those stabbing shooting pains all too well. The flu shot may have triggered your Fibromyalgia into this.

Do you get these stabbings other places, other than your hip ?
    i do and so painful .

Be Well
    BeHappy2

Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeHappy2 View Post
    Oh i feel for you here SnowBunny. I know those stabbing shooting pains all too well. The flu shot may have triggered your Fibromyalgia into this.

Do you get these stabbings other places, other than your hip ?
    i do and so painful .

Be Well
    BeHappy2
    strange after I ate supper it was gone, then shortly went to my left breast. it's so annoying. It comes and goes. If it's not one thing it's another. And i'm not sleeping well just a few hours here and there.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
    HOTFLASHIN
    (female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

I get a lot of these stabbing pains all over my body from my head to my feet. Sometimes they hit me in the feet (esp my right one) as I am walking down the steps. The first time it happened, it caused me to fall. Now that I am aware that it could happen I am very careful going up and down the stairs.

Hope you feel better!

Hugs,

Pam

Old 10-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HOTFLASHIN View Post
    I get a lot of these stabbing pains all over my body from my head to my feet. Sometimes they hit me in the feet (esp my right one) as I am walking down the steps. The first time it happened, it caused me to fall. Now that I am aware that it could happen I am very careful going up and down the stairs.

Hope you feel better!

Hugs,

Pam
    Good thinking Pam, Be careful with stairs , Those stabbing pains can throw your balance off.

Be Well
    BeHappy2

Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
    HOTFLASHIN
    (female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

They sure do BeHappy2!!!! I am SO aware of the steps everytime I stand at the top of them, especially if I have my grandson in my arms (he is 11 months old and quite hefty!!! ). I am not getting a flu shot. I don't think I need to add to the cocktail of meds I already take. I am only on Cymbalta and blood pressure meds and ReQuip for restless leg syndrome and Ambien for sleep. I cannot imagine if I were on Fentanyl patches or Oxycontin as some people on this board are! I do't discount their need for such high level pain relievers, I would NEVER judge that! I just think I would be a zombie on them and I cannot be a zombie with an 11 month old child to be responsible for!!!

My husband, in the two years before he passed away from Leukemia, was on 90 MG Oxycontin, 3 times a day and he was out of his mind on it! I do not want to be that way and hope that between my Internist and Chiropractor, I do not increase to the level of pain where I need that!!!

Hugs and a pain free day to all!

Pam

Closed Thread