It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• painful breast and underarm

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
    cath44
    (female)

cath44 HB User
    Angry painful breast and underarm

hi
    for the past week now i have sore breast particular pain in left one i had a lump in left one also i went to my gp whos organising a mamogram, a few days later my period came a week early that wasnt suppose to happen being on mirena coil, but after that i noticed the lump was almost gone but still got sore breast and now even sore under arm the lump seems to move about , i am also very tired but been thinking this is probably to do with periods,just wondering has anyone else experienced same problem , been feeling worried thinking worst scenarios.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
    thesweetlife
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
    Re: painful breast and underarm

I have had a couple of lumps in underarm area, which turned out to be nothing to worry about cysts, plus I always get painful/lumpy breasts before my period and tiredenss - you've done the right thing going to see your Dr - it will more than likely be nothing but always best to get these things checked - as you've done - and either said than done not to worry as our minds often work over time running through the scenarios - chances are it's nothing - so maybe focus on what you will do to celebrate the results when they come through with all clear. worrying just makes us worse......difficult I know ......

Old 10-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
    HOTFLASHIN
    (female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

CATH 44,

I always had/have this problem and it has to do with caffeine. If I give up caffeine, I do not have lumps. But if I do, I have some and they can sometimes be painful. i had a lump taken out and biopsied in 1993 and it turned out to be a cyst, benign.

So it could be nothing...but just find out everything you need to know for your own peace.

Hugs,

Pam

Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
    cath44
    (female)

cath44 HB User

thanx 4 reply , been stressing 2 much i know, still getting pain in arm and underarm, lump has gone down a lot but if i press really hard i can still feel it its sore and feels soft and moves about when pressed,been taking evening primrose oil daily which i heard works well, stopped chocolate 4 time being, just feels like its taking ages 4 mamogram date 2 come through.

thanx 4 listening anyway

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
    singinforthelor
    (female)

singinforthelor HB User

I have had this problem for as long as I can remember. Mine has always had to do with hormones around time for period. My husband can put his hands under my arms to pick me up (playing with me) and it will hurt so bad I want to cry. I hope yours is the same thing. GOd bless you

Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
    home sweet home
    (female)

home sweet home HB User

HiCath44, When this happened to me I had just had memmorgram. My pain was directly under my breast.So the doctor thought like hotflashen it was from caffiene. It did seem to go away, but Im drinking more than ever and it is still tender.Iwas happy to here someone else had the coffee theory,because I was starting to think it was maybe another tender spot do to fibro-.And I didnt have it at that time so I thought he may have been wrong. But if yours is coming and going that it a good thing I think. But good luck at your appointment homesweethome

Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
    chicabella
    (female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

I have this with my periods (before and during) and it is made worse with fibro. I hope your appt goes well!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
    HOTFLASHIN
    (female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress until your appointment gets here. It will only make things worse as stress will make even a cyst feel worse.

Let us know how your appt. goes!

Hugs,

Pam

Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
    cath44
    (female)

cath44 HB User

thanx again 4 reply
    feel talking about it is helping me, i dont know if any1 else has mirena coil in cause was wondering if it might have anything to do with these painful lumps, i certainly feel more hormonal this month really weepy, backache,moody and my period came a week early, i feel really positive some days telling myself its definetly gotta be hormonal thing cause of the way im feeling then other days like 2day i wake up really negative thinking allsorts of things i know i shldnt but think the wait 4 mamogram just 2 get things cleared up once and 4 all is driving me mad, wish it wld hurry up.im constantly feeling 4 lump which has almost definetly gone down even tho i can still feel it, its more like lumpy tissue now ,driving myself mad doing that all time

Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
    cath44
    (female)

cath44 HB User

hi guys
    still waiting 4 a mamogram appointment, but some good news 2day got my blood results back i had a load taken last week a full blood count liver and kidney function, a blood test 2 check any inflammed areas, and thyroid test done, and they were all clear i feel really relieved at that cause been thinking if there was anything 2 worry about surely my iron levels wld be low or something wld have shown up, i hope im not jumping the gun, cause still feel boob sore a bit hot and underarm think the pains getting less tho.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
    thesweetlife
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

That's great news

Closed Thread