It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Help! Just went off Lyrica for Savella and the NAUSEA will not stop!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
    idaho girl
    (female)

idaho girl HB User
    Question Help! Just went off Lyrica for Savella and the NAUSEA will not stop!

Hello to my new Fibro Buddies! This is the first time I've ever reached out to a group like this...but you guys seemed really cool. So, I need a little help here. I've been taking Lyrica for over a year...works wonders on the old Fibro pain, but I cannot lose weight on it. I know many things can contribute to weight gain. But it just seems really coincidental that I gained 40 lbs after I started it. So, the switched me to Savella, and I've been so excited to see how it works. Well...I'm definitely losing weight because I'm PUKING so much. It's been a week and a half, and this nausea is killing me. Please give me some info /opinions/whatever! I don't want to go back to Lyrica, but this Savella is killing me with the nausea!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
    Re: Help! Just went off Lyrica for Savella and the NAUSEA will not stop!

If you are having this much nausea with the Savella you do need to contact your doctor about this. Your doc may have you stop the Savella, call and talk to the nurse asap.

Be Well
    BeHappy2

Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
    monkeytoes
    (female)

monkeytoes HB User

Did you start off on the 2 week titration pack or just go right to a reg dose? I am doing the pack but have to wean off cymbalta first

Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
    DReeves313
    (female)

DReeves313 HB User

Did the lyrica not work for you? I was going to start on it, or at least try it. And, I also understand, there are bad withdrawls comeing off lyrica so that may be why the sickness.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
    Lizardwoman85
    (female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by idaho girl View Post
    Hello to my new Fibro Buddies! This is the first time I've ever reached out to a group like this...but you guys seemed really cool. So, I need a little help here. I've been taking Lyrica for over a year...works wonders on the old Fibro pain, but I cannot lose weight on it. I know many things can contribute to weight gain. But it just seems really coincidental that I gained 40 lbs after I started it. So, the switched me to Savella, and I've been so excited to see how it works. Well...I'm definitely losing weight because I'm PUKING so much. It's been a week and a half, and this nausea is killing me. Please give me some info /opinions/whatever! I don't want to go back to Lyrica, but this Savella is killing me with the nausea!
    Hello there,

I've read and heard from several people that nausea and vomiting are in fact common side effects of Savella. I actually just took my first dose today, not even coming off any other medications and found myself vomiting. I do not know if it eases up or not, you may want to talk to your doctor about it.

*gentle hugs*
    Liz

Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
    ForeverAmber
    (female)

ForeverAmber HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DReeves313 View Post
    Did the lyrica not work for you? I was going to start on it, or at least try it. And, I also understand, there are bad withdrawls comeing off lyrica so that may be why the sickness.
    I call Lyrica my miracle drug. I can definitely tell when I've missed a dose because my body feels like it's been beaten. Lyrica has helped lessen the pain in my muscles, joints and nerves. It took a little while to get used to it, but it was worth it to stick with it. Good luck and I hope it works as well for you as it did with me.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
    cruzngma
    (female)

cruzngma HB User

Have you been taking your Savella with food or on an empty stomach? I found the I need to take it with a meal and an antacid then I'm fine. Without food and I started to feel awful. I've been taking Savella since June and found great improvement with it.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
    deb53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

deb53 HB User

I just recently came off of Savella because it didn't help me. When I started it though I was very sick like you. My doctor told me to just hang on and it would get better after 3-4 weeks. She was right...after about 3 1/2 weeks the nausea just disappeared. Good luck, I hope it gets better for you!!

Monkeytoes...make sure you wean slowly off the Cymbalta. This is also a difficult one to get off of.

Deb

Closed Thread