It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• What kind of pain does Lyrica help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
    donnadb040
    (female)

donnadb040 HB Userdonnadb040 HB User
    What kind of pain does Lyrica help?

Just interested to see if anyone here can tell me what exactly is Lyrica supposed to do for us?? Is it strictly for nerve related pain??? Does it help muscle pain, joint pain etc. etc. Please share your experiences with Lyrica.

Thanks,
    Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
    Johna
    Veteran
    (female)

Johna HB User
    Re: What kind of pain does Lyrica help?

I've been taking lyrica for about three months now and the pain has decreased. I still get pain but it is not so strong. I continue to have headaches and sharp pains in the rib area and foot area. My hands were going numb each day but the lyrica has decreased it.

I don't have the burning sensation of muscle pain.

Take care
    Johna

Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
    catkaru
    Veteran
    (female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I have been on Lyrica for about 2 years now and am currently taking 300mg total a day.
    I tried to stop taking it because of the cost and after a fews days decided I was better off going back on it. It helps keep all my pains at bay. Joint, muscle, nerve...ect. I do have my bad days when even that and the tramadol I take daily does not help. On those days I just stay in bed and take tylenol every 4 hours for extra relief from the pain. I can't take anti-inflamatories due to Barret's esophagus. I think if I could life would be much better. I do work fulltime and wish I could go to bed when I go home but that is impossible. I have a husband and also a brother that lives with us and have to do the home chores like most of us women. I get some help from them but get tired of asking and prefer to just get it done myself. I feel if I went off the Lyrica I would not be able to work. I do think that my body will someday say enough of that stuff it's not going work anymore and then I will certainly be lost.
    Low pain all,
    Cat

Old 11-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
    Madeofglass
    (female)

Madeofglass HB User

Lyrica never worked for me. I didn't notice any side effects though, so that was a good thing.. but what's the point if the medicine does nothing for you..

Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
    Misha5332
    (female)

Misha5332 HB User

I've been taking Lyrica for about a year now. It seems to settle the pain down for me. I'm really pretty good in the mornings (if I sleep)... Early afternoon the pains slowly come back around intensifying as it gets later. I attribute the Lyrica to fending the pain off.... But it doesn't work long enough... I was at the rheumatologist today. She upped my Lyrica dosage but wants to talk about me taking Savella at the next visit....

Old 11-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
    untouchableme
    (female)

untouchableme HB User

I took Lyrica several years ago, my doc. said it would help the tingling in my arms, hands and fingers. I took it for at least 6 mos. and didn't really notice any difference with any of my pain or tingling. I did notice that I gained weight and just felt awful the whole time I was on it. Completely blah. But it seems to help as many people that it hurts so it's worth a try
    "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." Buddha

Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
    wd1976
    (female)

wd1976 HB User

I have been on Lyrica for over a year and a half. In the beginning it was awesome. I had been going to my primary in so much pain. He was prescribing oxycontin and oxycodone and the oxycontin did nothing. One day I went in crying and asked him to put me on Lyrica to see if it would do anything. After 2 days on the Lyrica my pain was gone! But not for long. I remember the day so clearly. My body didn't hurt for the first time in over a year. But like I said it was short lived. The fibro came back with a vengeance. Now I am on both the Lyrica and a Fentanyl patch. My fibro is a result of toxicity from the meds they give for Hep C. Trial and error I guess. I would try it. It just may help you. Even one day without the beast is a good one. Don't know if the Lyrica is actually helping anymore I'm on so much medication. And still in major pain. The cold is creeping up on all of us. yikes.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
    Pammyann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I have been on Lyrica for over 2 years. It helps with burning pain, tingling and numbness and that was what I was bothered with the most. As far as the muscle achiness, kinda like you have done too much, it only seems to help a little with that. I take Tylenol or Vicodin if needed for that.

Closed Thread