It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Savella and sweating will it go away?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
    elbee
    (female)

elbee HB User
    Savella and sweating will it go away?

I plan on calling my doctor on Monday to ask what can be done about the sweating, but other than that I have done well on Savella. I am on my second week of the pack. I did fine on 25mg 1 in am and 1 in pm, but when it jumped to 50 mg twice a day I started this profuse sweating. It is embarrassing, especially at work. I don't want to stop taking it because I have seen so much improvement already. The pain has decreased, I am not stiff and sore in the mornings and actually feel a sense of well being. Maybe that is what normal people feel when they wake up painless. LOL I have had Fibro for 15 years, Lyrica took away my leg pain but I've gained over 30 lbs. Emu oil gel caps have taken away that over all flu feeling and now the savella has helped with the soreness in the muscles and heaviness I get on occasion. If anyone got any ideas to help me survive this side effect I would appreciate you letting me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
    biogirl71
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User
    Re: Savella and sweating will it go away?

Hi! SSRIs and SNRIs make me sweat alot! It improved a little for me after first starting them, but I just try to drink alot of water.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
    mim
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

I had a terrible time with the sweating too! I finally quit the savella and it took about 4-5 months to really notice a reversal. It has been some time now, but I feel like I am still not back to normal. Good luck!
    Mim Gregg

Old 08-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
    Stacy4
    (female)

Stacy4 HB User

OMG, I thought I was the only one. I already sweat as it is but now I sweat all the time even in AC, so embarrassing. I'm at the register and sweat is just dropping down my face. They always ask is it hot outside, again so embarrassing.

I have been taking savella for 2+mo. I was on 25mg then upped to 50mg then upped to 150mg. I am not seeing much results with it. I also have heartburn and upset stomach and if I take it too late at night I can't sleep.

I'm glad it is working for you except for the sweating. If your doctor tells you anything that will help let me know, okay.

Thanks
    Stacy

Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
    elle45
    Veteran
    (female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

I have been on it for about two months. 100mg and I only really sweat on my neck and head. I have to sleep with two fans on plus the AC. During the day I wear Mira Cool Cooling Bandanas that help a little. I also started getting steroid injections in my spine that cause sweating and I live in South Florida. You would think that all this sweating would help me loose weight. NOPE!!!
    If anyone has been on Savella long term please let us know if the sweating stops.

Be Cool:

Closed Thread