It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Groin Pain???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
    FibroNewbieJ
    (female)

FibroNewbieJ HB User
    Groin Pain???

Hi all!

After my initial diagnosis, I started on Lyrica several weeks ago and was really feeling better. I thought maybe I was on the other side of things, and moving past the flare I'd been in. But then, last night...

I was sitting down and all of a sudden I had this sharp, stabbing pain in my groin in a pretty localized spot. It was intense when I moved and so I took some Tramadol which didn't do much of anything to calm the pain. I finally fell asleep after laying there with the stabbing pain, and I've woken up this morning to a deep, deep ache with occasional stabs when I move, and it's wider spread and feels less localized now.

I have to admit, before I was diagnosed with fibro, I was tested for blood clots in multiple areas, including legs and lungs, which is worrisome. I have constant leg pain and have just begun to stop worrying so much about DVTs there... and now this groin pain is new! ...Sigh...

Has anyone else experienced this? (It would make me feel much better!) And does anyone have advice for making it feel better? Thanks in advance for the info! Hope you all are hanging in there!!!

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
    kirstee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
    Re: Groin Pain???

Hello Jen! So nice to meet you. . .

Groin pain can happen with FMS. The fibro gunk that causes the tender points in your muscles can also happen in this area of your body. You may find yourself dealing with this like any flare in your body. Based on MY experience, I would not worry. BUT, if you are concerned about the blood clot issue, nag your doctor. This is something you cannot ignore (I know you are aware of this). Please let us know how this has worked out for you.

Kirstee

Old 08-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

oh yes I get this a lot. in front in the side low where my legs meet sometimes i get zaps, shooting pain. or it just feels like muscle pills. I'm not on any pain killers for Fibro and get this pain so it's most likely from fibro.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
    tmrots
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I went through this several years ago before my diagnosis. Went to a few doctors back then and noone knew what it was from. It zaps really quick and is gone, but boy ti can take your breathe away. That I remember very clearly. It came and went for some time and then hopefully left for good. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
    FibroNewbieJ
    (female)

FibroNewbieJ HB User

Thanks for all your help, guys!

It went away on its own after a few days, but boy was is ever painful. Now, I'm dealing with crampy-like pain in the calf. It seems to migrate. Yuck!

Hope you're all well!

Jen

Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
    biogirl71
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Hey, Jan!! Gotta just love our traveling "friend", huh!? Glad it was not serious.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
    bunny23
    (female)

bunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB Userbunny23 HB User

Hi- I'm wondering what this "fibro gunk" is?

And could the zaps be nerve related (since nerves are inflamed?)

Closed Thread