It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Could I have Fibromyalgia. Extremely anxious

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User
    Could I have Fibromyalgia. Extremely anxious

Hi

i am not sure if I am suffering from acute anxiety, perimenopause, neuropathy or the beginning of fibromyalgia.

Can anybody please advise?

For the past three months I have been suffering form:

White coated tongue

Sleep disturbance. I can sleep no longer than 2-4 hours and then cannot go back to sleep. I don't wake up with pain. If I take Nytol I can sleep four and a half hours and then I wake up and can sleep another hour. I cannot sleep in the day at all.

Knees feel numb when I wake up

Burning sensations in soles of feet and palms of hands and now upper back. Not painful like sunburn. Sometimes elbows

Occasional sore eyes. But to be honest have only experienced this a handful of times. And not for a few weeks

I did have bladder problems but they seem to have gone since switching to an alkaline diet. I think my anxiety made them worse. When I starting focusing on my burning skin the bladder frequency and burning diminished. Or maybe it was cutting out caffeine and Aspartame.

I dont have IBS but my bowel habits have changed. I gave up gluten and sugar three weeks ago so maybe this is why.

I don't have any extreme pain nor pain in any of the tender points.

My muscles do feel weaker but again that could be tiredness. I have not slept properly in three weeks.

No headaches

Some brain fog but could this be to to with lack of sleep? I feel fatigued. My symptoms seem to get better if i feel relaxed.

I am so worried that I have the beginning of fibromyalgia. I have been on the internet constantly. My symptoms seem to coincide with extreme anxiety (except the white tongue), Candida, peri-menopause (although my periods are coming more often and shorter and I have no PMS or pain with them).

I am worried my anxiety is causing the symptoms.

Or that this is the start of fibromyalgia and my symptoms will get worse.

Has anybody experienced this?

PS I did not have an accident prior to this. Some stress but nothing out of the ordinary. I did give up smoking on January 3rd 2013.

Nobody in my family has fibromyalgia although my Mother has Lupus which has been in remission for many years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
    WoodsWalker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
    Re: Could I have Fibromyalgia. Extremely anxious

Hi, have you seen a dr yet? it's a good place to start looking for answers. you can read and find so many things that have the same symptoms it's crazy.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
    Mezzanin (03-31-2013)
    Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

Yes, he thinks I have anxiety but how can anxiety make me sleep only 2-4 hours per night (for the past three weeks) and have skin burning.
    I am so very scared.
    I know many per people with fibromyalgia do not start with the sleep problems or the burning. I am praying it is anxiety.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

Does anybody think I may have fibromyalgia?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
    littledarlinTN
    (female)

littledarlinTN HB UserlittledarlinTN HB User

MEZZANIN - you need to see a doctor. IF you are not having the symptoms, why on earth would you worry yourself with focusing on something? Go to the doctor and get a firm diagnosis based on your visit and not on someone that cannot see how you react to the different testing and assessments a doctor can do when you are in their office.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

I think I am going mental.
    You are right I just need to get a grip.
    I have already seen my doctor.
    He thinks I am anxious

Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
    littledarlinTN
    (female)

littledarlinTN HB UserlittledarlinTN HB User

If your doctor suggests anxiety, then it is probably that.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
    nochange
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mezzanin View Post
    Hi

Sleep disturbance. I can sleep no longer than 2-4 hours and then cannot go back to sleep. I don't wake up with pain. If I take Nytol I can sleep four and a half hours and then I wake up and can sleep another hour. I cannot sleep in the day at all.

I don't have any extreme pain nor pain in any of the tender points.

Some brain fog but could this be to to with lack of sleep? I feel fatigued. My symptoms seem to get better if i feel relaxed.

I am so worried that I have the beginning of fibromyalgia. I have been on the internet constantly. My symptoms seem to coincide with extreme anxiety (except the white tongue), Candida, peri-menopause (although my periods are coming more often and shorter and I have no PMS or pain with them).

Or that this is the start of fibromyalgia and my symptoms will get worse.

Has anybody experienced this?

PS I did not have an accident prior to this. Some stress but nothing out of the ordinary. I did give up smoking on January 3rd 2013.

Nobody in my family has fibromyalgia although my Mother has Lupus which has been in remission for many years.
    Hello.

1) You cannot sleep more than 2 hours? or if you take nytol you can sleep more than 4 hours? ---- well, ya, there is a problem here, indeed.
    It could be fibromyalgia or you may have lupus just like your mom. Or auto immune diseases, there are so many.

Lupus is genetic, by the way. Same goes to Fibromyalgia. Your mom has fibromyalgia, I assume.

2) Tender points? ---- Today there is no need to have tender points and to be diagnonsed with fibromyalgia. Those are the new guidelines!

3) It's good you never had an accident or a car accident. If you ever be in a car accident - I can promise you - You will have fibromyalgia.

4) Anxiety cannot make sleeping problems for years. When a person is only able to sleep 2-4 hours naturally than there is a problem there.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nochange View Post
    Hello.

1) You cannot sleep more than 2 hours? or if you take nytol you can sleep more than 4 hours? ---- well, ya, there is a problem here, indeed.
    It could be fibromyalgia or you may have lupus just like your mom. Or auto immune diseases, there are so many.

Lupus is genetic, by the way. Same goes to Fibromyalgia. Your mom has fibromyalgia, I assume.

2) Tender points? ---- Today there is no need to have tender points and to be diagnonsed with fibromyalgia. Those are the new guidelines!

3) It's good you never had an accident or a car accident. If you ever be in a car accident - I can promise you - You will have fibromyalgia.

4) Anxiety cannot make sleeping problems for years. When a person is only able to sleep 2-4 hours naturally than there is a problem there.
    I have not had sleep problems for years, only three weeks. My mum does not have fibromyalgia. Her lupus is in remission. Burning pain is not a symptom of lupus .

I don't have any pain whatsoever. Only mild burning sensation in my hands and occasionally feet. When I read about fibro that is when I stopped sleeping and became anxious.

I don't have fibro-fog and am able to walk an hour and half each day and be fully functional.

I am worried about the burning. I think I may have neuropathy or peri-menopause. My doctor says burning sensations are related to anxiety. I know that when I read your message, it made the burning symptoms seem worse.

I am having a bit of a melt down,

Surely Fibro means you have to have some pain. I had a massage today and the therapist said I had a high pain threshold.

Last edited by Mezzanin; 04-02-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #10
    nochange
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

How do therapists know you have a high pain thresh?, that's a new one.

We will all like to know.

Last edited by nochange; 04-02-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

Quote:
    How do therapists know you have a high

Because I had many knots in my back and did not squirm when she got them out

Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #12
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

Quote:
    How do therapists know you have a high

You seem a little mean in your responses and I don't know why. Why would you presume my Mother had fibre or I had not been sleeping for years. You didn't read my post correctly and then told me I had fibro. When I responded, your reply was to mock me.
    I am sorry that i have made you feel uptight.

Last edited by Mezzanin; 04-03-2013 at 01:56 AM. Reason: I posted the same message twice

Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
    nochange
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

When person has lupus, they tend to have fibromyalgia also.

You just be careful to never be in a car accident, this can cause you fibromyalgia (if you have it in you, or predisposed to it).

It's true, I didn't read your post correctly. I thought you had sleeping problems for years. So anyway, if you cannot sleep for a long time, then you know there is something wrong. To be only able to sleep 2-4 hours, that's not normal.

Not trying to be mean at all

All the best

Old 04-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
    Mezzanin
    (female)

Mezzanin HB User

Quote:
    When person has lupus, they tend to have fibromyalgia also.

You just be careful to never be in a car accident, this can cause you fibromyalgia (if you have it in you, or predisposed to it).

It's true, I didn't read your post correctly. I thought you had sleeping problems for years. So anyway, if you cannot sleep for a long time, then you know there is something wrong. To be only able to sleep 2-4 hours, that's not normal.

Not trying to be mean at all

All the best
    Good, glad we got that sorted.
    My Mum does not have Fibro. She was diagnosed with Lupus thirty five years ago but it has been in remission for almost as long.
    I have not been in any accidents. I just thought my symptoms were very strange. Burning feet, weird sleep problems. But apparently this is common in anxiety and peri menopause too.
    But thank you for taking the time to respond.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
    thefarm
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I had probs for 11 yrs before Fibro set in. Symptoms came & went. Tried different diets, lost of tests, ect.
    I finally found a dr that took me serious, the 2nd visit. The first visit with her I went to my car & cried. After so many drs & no help. But, I went back & had my mom go with me for support. I think she took me serious because I had someone to back me up. She diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue. At thy time the only pain I had was back pain from a degenerative disk & my neck pain had set in. I wa refered to a Rhumetologist who diagnosed me with Fibro. It felt good to have a diagnosis & have drs listen without thinking I was nuts. But then I thought he was nuts, didnt seem right. Then I had my first very painful flare. That's when I went back & took him serious lol I have since gotten worst & have had to seek help. After lots of suffering & lots of medical, it's migraines. I have other issues also but this is long enough lol

Here is what I think...

With your mom having Lupis, you need to have that checked any time you have issues like this.

At the beginning of my fibro pain was mild, traveled. I had spots that felt sunburned (ears & head). It has gotten worst & I'm just thankful I was diagnosed & able to to start managing it when I did... It's pretty bad now & hard to manage & live with. I didn't think I had Tendar points but I did... Now I probably have them all...

I'm hoping maybe you are just low on Vitamin D. Your Dr needs to check your levels! They also need to check your thyroid. Of course check for Lupis, Sjogrens (you have to ask for it) & Rhumetoid Arthritis. One thing I've learned after 14 yrs of issues is that you have to push the drs. Go in with a list of your symptoms & the tests you expect done! Don't settle for being diagnosed with depression. That's any easy diagnosis for them to give you so they don't have to look further. While there tell them you want refered to a Rhumetologist & don't let them tell you no. You need a Rhumetologist! Primary Family Doctors do not have the education to help you. They are educated to diagnose basics, flu, cold, ect. I wasted 11 yrs seeing regular drs & never hear of a Rhumetologist.

Anyhow, something is going on. It could be low vitamin d, low thyroid, Lupis, Fibro or many other things. You deserve to know what's goin on so you can manage it. If you are negative for Lupis I would still get tested yearly because it can change quick! I get tested yearly for that, RA & other stuff.

Good Luck & I hope you get answers soon!

P.S.- Melatonin is great for sleep. I give it to my daughter every night & she gets the rest she needs. It will knock me out but I wake up every hour so I take Flexeril which is a prescription muscle relaxer. If the melatonin works its the best choice
    Back injury~ 2005
    Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
    Fibromyalgia~ 2009
    Neuropathy

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, peri menopause