It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• 31 and fibromyalgia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
    avillot
    (male)

avillot HB User
    31 and fibromyalgia

hi Im 31 had a accident at work and herniated cervical c6-c7, lumbar l3-l4 l4-l5 l5-s1 also caused spinal stenosis with lumbar right radiculopathy and cervical bilateral radiculopathy. if not enough was also diagnose with ddd, facet arthropathy, uncovertebral disc disease and fibromyalgia. the pain is excrutiating, feel tired all the time, have trouble sleeping, lots of mood change, trouble concertrating and involuntary hand movement.

please any advice, i was a real active person sports, excersice sinse im 6' 5"
    can't dedicate the same time to my kids.

appreciate the help you can provide

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: 31 and fibromyalgia

hello and welcome,
    the best advise I can offer is adapt and don't let your body rule your mind. if you take meds take the minimum possible. have you tried a pain doctor. they specialize in reduction of pain with ablations, nerve blocks, botox, and of course pills if you want them.
    attitude is everything. when you feel your worst remind yourself it could be worse, cause we all know it could.
    take tiny walks as often as you can. I just walk around my house or yard. I do this about 15 to 30 times a day depending on the weather and my body. any movement is better than none.
    sending you the only gift I have to offer,
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
    avillot
    (male)

avillot HB User

I've had 2 blocks already with no relieve, doctors keep giving me lots of pills,but i dont want to be used to them. i trywalking every day but the pain gets work with every walk, i'm not giving up is that doctors keep saying ihave to learn to live with pain and this condition is preventing me from doing my work, which i studied and fought for.

thanks for the answer bluelakelady.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
    avillot
    (male)

avillot HB User

I've had 2 blocks already with no relieve, doctors keep giving me lots of pills,but i dont want to be used to them. i trywalking every day but the pain gets work with every walk, i'm not giving up is that doctors keep saying ihave to learn to live with pain and this condition is preventing me from doing my work, which i studied and fought for.

thanks for the answer bluelakelady.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

I have lost count of how many blocks, ablations, and injections of steroids. it's all about finding that perfect spot for it to help. sometimes doc gets it sometimes she does not. I am going to be doing botox next. at my age I can afford not to care about what it may or may not do down the road of life.
    one of the wisest things I feel I did was get a shrink to help me adapt to the new ever changing me. yes I feel the pain, yes it hurts. like you I do not like to take gobs of meds and keep it to a minimum. I do breathing, I meditate and I accept that my plan for my life was only a plan, not written in stone and subject to change at any time.
    there are levels of pain you can breath thru. it takes training but I find it very helpful. I also fake feeling great. it actually puts me in a happier state of mind and that reflects to my body.
    with fibro it loves to see you in misery, confused, angry, frustrated, sad. it eats your emotions like candy and spits up pain, big ugly pain. I refuse to feed mine any more than I have already. I kick it to the side of the road with laughter, a happy attitude and joy for what I do have in life. the happier I am the less pain I feel.
    I do have the freedom to rest often and I know that helps. I also have a bit of back damage, old age, giggle, and that's why my walks are always under 10 minutes. I don't go fast I just saunter.
    as a man it is harder to adapt to change that seems to take your sense of you away. it is time to reinvent you and find an alternative way to do what you studied for if possible.
    peace,
    blue
    fibro may not be all in our heads, giggle, but how we respond to it is. I am from the old days when diagnosis meant I was a mental case. giggle. very glad those days are changing.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
    avillot (08-05-2013)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    arthirits, fibromyalgia, herniated disc, radiculopathy, stenosis