It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• New Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
    k8bobate
    (female)

k8bobate HB User
    New Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

Hi all,
    I've suspected fibromyalgia and/or chronic fatigue syndrome for years, but I was in a cycle of seeing other doctors (i.e., not rheumatologists) for many other diagnoses (IBS, IC, endometriosis, etc.). Finally saw my first rheumatologist yesterday and he confirmed the fibromyalgia diagnosis. He started me on Lyrica, so I took the first pill last night. I am also on the highest dose of Wellbutrin (450 mg) and lowest dose of Pristiq (50 mg) for depression/anxiety.

I'm looking for some guidance and support as I begin this journey. I'm hopeful the aches and pains and extreme fatigue will ease up. I work and have 2 young children, and of course wifely and motherly duties. As my husband puts it, I'm a 32-year-old in the body of an 80-year-old. I can't be tired anymore!

Has anyone else been on Lyrica and Wellbutrin and/or Pristiq? I guess my biggest concern is weight gain, since the Wellbutrin really helps me manage/lose weight.

Kate

Last edited by moderator2; 01-31-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: New Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

hi kate,
    welcome to the boards. I don't take meds for fibro. they do not help me. I do meditation, exercise, vegetarian diet and most of all I keep my happy healthy and strong. attitude is everything. so is understanding and respecting the new limitations.
    every mother of small kids is tired. goes with the territory, healthy or not. add fibro and it can be a challenge to your sanity. learn to laugh at yourself. one thing my body gets really put off by is me laughing at the pain. joy increases endorphins and those reduce pain.
    I hear you on the body feeing way older than it is. I joke and say I am practicing for old age so when I get there I will do it with style and grace. giggle. I am 26 years older than you.
    sending you all my extra energy today to get some happy time with those cute kids and that sweet hubby. is he a sweet hubby? I hope so. I am going to be lazy and read a book today, so take all you want. giggle.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 02-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
    fibroandhypo
    (female)

fibroandhypo HB User
    Re: New Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

hello there,
    It made me laugh when I saw how your husband described it because that's exactly how my family, boyfriend & I put it as well. I'm 18 years old and have had fibromyalgia for quite a long time. I worry for the future when I have kids and such just like you, but there is always hope so do not let fibromyalgia define who you are! It's a very confusing journey having it, we all have good days and terrible days that we can't even get out of bed at all. Still in highschool and I hear kids say "I'm tired" but I'm thinking 'you dont know the half of it!'. I'm not on the same medications as you, I'm on Gabapentin and Flexeril for my pain & use heating pads whenever it gets bad. Fibromyalgia affects alot! I remember getting my diagnosis I was so happy because I finally understood why my body was so out of whack. Don't give up hope & remember to smile at the little things! Now that you now for sure it's fibromyalgia the next steps for making it all easier are going to come! I wish you the best!

Closed Thread

Tags
    fatigue, fibromyalgia, lyrica, pristiq, wellbutrin