It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Really sick of being sick and tired

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
    EastEnd
    (female)

EastEnd HB User
    Really sick of being sick and tired

DX Fibromyalgia, Psoriatic Arthritis, Thyroiditis, Type 1 Diabetes, Dry Eye Syndrome. Enbrel isn't helping and most drugs send liver enzymes high.Three years suffering from muscle pain and tightness in neck, back legs, hands, hips, shoulders and feet and extreme fatigue. Looking for answers. High Alk Phos for three years, ANA, CRP, ESR too high. Pain when muscles are touched. Tightness and twisting in lower back and legs when walking or standing. Extremely dry eyes. Type 1 Diabetic on an insulin pump. Having a tough time. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
    WoodsWalker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
    Re: Really sick of being sick and tired

I'm sorry but all I can do is empathize with you. Eventually you'll come to grips with the chronic stuff and when you do somehow it gets easier. Remember the more you stress the more you feed the fibro. Are you on any meds to help?

Old 04-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
    EastEnd
    (female)

EastEnd HB User

yes, i'm taking neurontin. I tried lyrica and i was allergic to it. I was going to ask my rheumatologist if we can try an anti-depressant. What do you take for fibro? Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
    WoodsWalker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I take 100mgs of Tramadol and the flexeril as needed, other than that I take vitamins and herbs. The most important naturals for me are vit d, turmeric and magnesium maleate. Also use pain reliving creams and ointments, Painatrate and Sombra. A tens unit for my back to work the knots and spasms away. Lyrica and I didn't get along either.

Please think long and hard before you go on any antidepressants for pain. Do lots of research and don't make the choice out of desperation for relief, make it an educated choice. They work for some and not for others. Plus going off them is a slow and sometimes very difficult process. You can read back or search this forum for the drug you are thinking of trying, there is lots of info buried deep in these pages.

I was on cymbalta for about 4 years and it changed who I was. I lost me, started to become a stranger to myself and it sneaks up on you slowly. All that and got no fibro pain relief from it after the first 6 months. Then you play the increased dosage game, in the end I look back and see how little it was doing for my pain, but it has you tricked into thinking it is doing you good. There was not an iota of increase in my fibro pain when I quit taking cymbalta. It did help my back some tho. Some of the side affects aren't pleasant either. I don't miss sweating like a pig at 70 degrees or higher. It's coming up on a year that I went off it and still rarely get weird cymbalta moments than make noises and what feels like deep vibrations in your brain. Never again will i try any of those anti depressants for chronic pain.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-13-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #5
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
    did your doctor ever test you for sjogrens? suggest it as you have such dry eyes. glad you got the insulin pump. they are so much easier.
    as for constant pain, like my sib ww said, you get used to it. I don't take any meds for fibro. I changed my lifestyle and mindset instead. I find meditation very helpful.
    I do see a pain mgmt. doc for issues not related to fibro and the shots she gives me do help. I can at least sit for a bit. giggle.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Closed Thread

Tags
    dry eyes, fibromyalgia and hip pain, fibromyalgia treatment, muscle pain