It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Quick question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
    richar27610
    (female)

richar27610 HB User
    Quick question

I know there are numerous symptoms to Fibromyalgia which could be associated with other autoimmune disorders which leads to my problem. I went to the doctor last monday with a swollen ring finger at the joint. I also told him that I was exhausted a lot and getting dizzy spells daily. He tested me for lupus and RA, both coming back normal. He also had a x-ray taken of my finger which showed no fracture or injury. My finger is still swollen after 5 days of naproxen twice a day, still exhausted and still having dizzy spells daily. On top of that, my legs are now aching especially when I climb the stairs which never used to happen. The pain is bad enough that I have to stop for a bit until the pain subsides a little. I'm also starting to have hip pains as well as stiffness in many areas of my body. So, with that said, I was wondering if swelling is a common symptom of fibromyalgia and if so, any suggestions other than ice, heat and naproxen and ibuprofen??? I can't get my wedding ring off and I really don't want to cut it off (the ring, not my finger, hahaha) Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Quick question

Swelling in the joints is not a symptom of fibro, so there may be something else going on that is not showing up on your tests. Your leg aches could be from anemia or Vit D deficiency, and I would ask to be checked for both. I would also get a copy of your blood tests, as people are often told their results are normal, when in fact, they are not. I have a friend with lupus who clearly had positive blood tests for both lupus and RA, wasn't told, and wasn't diagnosed until 10 years later because of that. In going back over her records, she found clear evidence of the disease on initial blood tests that her Dr. dismissed. Many people with lupus have symptoms that precede lab evidence and are put in the fibro category until something more definitive shows up. I would consult with a rheum to get some baseline tests done and pursue this. Dizziness can be from anemia too, particularly B12 deficiency. All these can be tested on a single blood sample.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
    richar27610
    (female)

richar27610 HB User
    Re: Quick question

Thank you so much for your help. I'm not anemic or Vitamin D deficient. I had that tested a couple of months ago but at least I can probably rule out Fibromyalgia. Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
    fibromyalgia, finger swelling, stiffness in joints