It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Could pain in hands and feet with daily headaches be Fibromyalgia?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
    Bambinno15
    (male)

Bambinno15 HB User
    Could pain in hands and feet with daily headaches be Fibromyalgia?

Hello, I had pain that started in right hand and hip tightness. I went to primary care doc and he prescribed me Flexeril. A week after taking flexeril along with nexium I started feeling weird with pain in hands and feet along with eyes getting blurry followed by eye floaters that I had never had before. Started waking up with headaches and feeling tired and stiff in hands and feet along with moderate pain in hands and feet. Pain moved to legs after a few weeks with some chest pain feeling like its in the muscle on left side of chest.. Started taking meloxicam prescribed by rheumatologist for hand and foot pain and fioricet by primary care for headaches. I have having no change in pain or headaches for the last week. I wanted to get some feedback from people that might have had similar symptoms. I am wondering if this all could have started with my acid reflux meds (dexilant)? Could my stomache acid be out of balance or depletion of a vitamin or nutrient in body? I just started my own company and left my job after 16 years two weeks ago and that was a stressful time. My primary care doctor thought it was stress related, but it's been two weeks and no change. My rheumatologist was quick to get me out of his office when I went back to him for follow up and told him my feet hurt so bad. With negative test results he acted like I was wasting his time. I just want some relief from pain and no one seems to really know what to do to treat me. I am worried about a possible brain issue or nerve problems. Possibly fibromyalgia,RA, or neuropathy? All blood test came back normal and had neoropothy emg test last week and will get results back tomorrow. I would love to hear from anyone with similar symptoms or wisdom to share. Thanks
    Jeff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
    WoodsWalker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
    Re: Could pain in hands and feet with daily headaches be Fibromyalgia?

Hi, I know you'd like some answers. But fibro symptoms can mimic so many other thing you really need time to be properly diagnosed.

Starting your own company can be extremely stressful, especially after having the same job for so many years. 2 weeks is not nearly enough time for the stress to dissipate. So if these symptoms are from stress ( and they could be)
    it'll take time to go away. I would find it hard to believe you had no stresses right now with such a young company, topped by the holidays.

If the meds prescribed are not helping after a fair trial time why take them? But that is just my opinion and worth all of what you paid for it

Maybe a little relaxing meditation might help you through this.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
    Bambinno15 (12-22-2014)
    Old 01-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
    Bambinno15
    (male)

Bambinno15 HB User

Hi Woodswalker, my pain is even worse than when I wrote the last post. I have constant pain in hands and forearms and shins and feet along with daily headache which I wake up with every morning. I haven't been working to try and relax and let this pass, but there is no sign of relief. I have been getting a weekly massage as well as chiropractor adjustment. My feet and legs have hurt so bad and my headaches have really put me down. I am an ex baseball player and I was running and active. I don't feel like doing anything now. Really I am in so much pain and all test come back negative. I had an appointment with a neourologist last week and she ordered an MRI to rule out anything serious. What are your thoughts? I really appreciated your last comment. Thanks

Jeff

Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
    Bambinno15
    (male)

Bambinno15 HB User

Hi Woodswalker, my pain is even worse than when I wrote the last post. I have constant pain in hands and forearms and shins and feet along with daily headache which I wake up with every morning. I haven't been working to try and relax and let this pass, but there is no sign of relief. I have been getting a weekly massage as well as chiropractor adjustment. My feet and legs have hurt so bad and my headaches have really put me down. I am an ex baseball player and I was running and active. I don't feel like doing anything now. Really I am in so much pain and all test come back negative. I had an appointment with a neourologist last week and she ordered an MRI to rule out anything serious. What are your thoughts? I really appreciated your last comment. Thanks

Jeff

Old 01-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
    WoodsWalker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hi Bambino, sorry you're feeling worse. An MRI is a very good place to start. I get back & leg pain and muscle spasms and it's mainly from spinal problems, not the fibro. (discovered through an MRI ordered by my rheumy) But some get those pains and it is the fibro. It's such a hard "syndrome" to figure out. Even for those of us who have had it a long time we get new things popping up that need to be checked and make sure it's not a separate issue. I get each new symptom that comes along checked. Sometimes it's the fibro and sometimes its something new.

A neuro visit is good, A different Rheumatologist maybe? Have you talked to the rheumy about possible fibro?

There is nothing more frustrating than being told everything tests out fine. It took years and several different Drs for me to get my answers. So don't get to anxious about the tests coming back negative. And don't be surprised if they find other things along the way. Keep pushing until you get a diagnosis that you are comfortable is the right one.
    Hang in there, some day you'll get answers

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
    Bambinno15 (01-12-2015)
    Old 01-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #6
    buckeyesouth
    (male)

buckeyesouth HB User

Woodswalker has given excellent advice. If a med isn't helping after a reasonable time, stop it. I was prescribed so many medications that made me feel worse rather than better. Fibro usually is accompanied by sleeping problems. Also, most fibro patients I know have neck and upper back soreness and stiffness--lots of tender points in that area. As already noted, your work stress might in itself be reason for the symptoms.

Reply Reply

Tags
    feet pain, fibromyalgia, hand pain, headache won't go away, neuropathy