It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Increase in Symptoms

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
    tiff-cher
    Veteran
    (female)

tiff-cher HB User
    Increase in Symptoms

I have had an increase in my muscle aches and weakness for the last few days. Extreme itching as well with no rash.( I literally scratch until I have bruises) which is ongoing for me. I have had a UTI this week and started on Cipro and Pyridium. I have been on these medications numerous times due to the chronic UTI's that I have had over the years. I felt horrible yesterday and came home early from work due to kidney pain, nausea, terrible diarrhea and a horrible headache. I wonder if these symptoms are a flare of the Fibro or if they are from the medications. I am stumped. tiff-cher

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Increase in Symptoms

cipro made me feel the same way. I have sjogrens along with fibro. frequent uti's and itching (for me) are due to sjogrens. suggest you research and see if you want to take the blood test to be sure you do not have sjogrens.
    the muscle aches could be weather changes and fibro loves to use weather to haunt us with. what sort of weakness are you experiencing?
    peace,
    blue

Old 02-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
    tiff-cher
    Veteran
    (female)

tiff-cher HB User

Hello,
    I have finished the Cipro now, but a few days ago while still on it I was getting more and more Kidney pain, and that feeling of burning with urination and even when I wasn't urinating. I did have muscle weakness and pain over the week but I think that was mostly from Fibro and the weather changes like you said. I have to make an appointment to talk to my doctor and let him know my concerns. I have never been checked for sjogrens, but I was "Mis" diagnosed with Lupus by another doctor a long time ago and when I went to see a Rheumatologist she looked at my labs and she said I didn't have Lupus. (I was on 2 different meds for it) Then I was told by my Ortho doc that my labs were border line Lupus...I have a long history and wish I could find something out. I have suggested sjogrens to my doc, (I think...lol) in the past and he said no you don't have that. The same doc that told me I had Lupus also diagnosed me with a Collagen Disorder and my doc now said...No you don't have that either...many years of docs ad unanswered questions!
    thanks for your response!! tiff-cher

Old 04-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
    tiff-cher
    Veteran
    (female)

tiff-cher HB User

Hi Bluelakelady,
    I have done a little bit of research on Sjogren's and what I have found is that I have the first 4 symptoms...dry eyes, dry mouth, fatigue and joint pain. I have read your post again and I think I do need to be checked out for this. I have read up on it and have had a history of a lot of things that make sense. But like I said before my pcp told me I don't have it. My Sed Rate was always high for a long time. If I remember correctly my other labs were normal or borderline high. Maybe I need to be rechecked...just thinking...because a lot of my symptoms have resurfaced.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

be sure you research the blood tests to be done. there are 4. I am sorry I do not remember what they are. I took a slip of paper in with the 4 tests written down and just said do this, he did, I had it, and then I fired him. I was also misdiagnosed with lupus! too funny. gotta laugh at how lame some doctors are. I tried a few of the meds for sjogrens and decided to just deal with it. I am currently having dmso put in my bladder to see if that will help the constant feeling of bladder pain. today is my 3rd injection. if it works it's something I will have to do from time to time the rest of my life.
    when was the last time you saw your eye doctor or dentist? I have had several eye surgeries and all my teeth are fake.
    I really hope you do not have sjogrens along with fibro. it's a tough mix to live with.
    peace,
    bluelakelady
    ps your pcp is full of compost. without the blood work he cannot say you do not have this or that. especially sjogrens.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 04-15-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: add post script

Old 04-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #6
    tiff-cher
    Veteran
    (female)

tiff-cher HB User

Hi Bluelakelady,
    I have always loved my pcp and I have been seeing him for a while...ugh...I have the list of the 4 labs that need to be done. I have not had my eyes checked in the last few years except for severe allergies (dry eye syndrome and pink eye) I have had tear duct plugs put in due to the dry eye and a different eye doc said that the ones that I have had placed do not come out without surgery. (the clinic that I go to now told me this) my old eye doc placed them...long story...but I see a family of eye docs now and my allergies have been so bad recently that I went to my clinic and was told this about the plugs. I have dentures as well as far as the dentist.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I am going to hope the test comes out negative. my doc told me the permanent plugs can't be removed. I will have to bug him some more about it. I just want the temporary ones. I do hope your teeth fit well and are comfortable. I start the process of making new ones next week. yuck.
    I am glad you like your doc. makes things go so much better. glad you found the tests to ask for and your doc sounds like a yes person.
    peace,
    blue

Reply Reply