It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Is it fibromyalgia??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 AM   #1
    megan1991
    (female)

megan1991 HB User
    Is it fibromyalgia??

Hello, im new and was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about what im experiencing. I have suffered leg, hip and wrist pain for the past 5 years I have had countless blood tests and xrays and nothing was found. I recently had a bout of anxiety ( I suffered this once before lasted a few months) when this happened my wisdom teeth came through, I started grinding and clentching my teeth giving me jaw problems. I then started having neck cracking while I was sleeping and went to visit a chiropractor he said he had to realign me and the neck cracking stopped. He said I had upper and lower cross sydrome that needed treatment and I told him about my years of leg pain. I had 2 or 3 treatments where he pressed pressure points. Since then I have been in so much pain EVERYWHERE not just legs, hips and wrist. I have stabbing, burning, shooting pains in my legs, srms, headaches, naseau, sensative scalp, tingling arms, excessive sweating. Its been hell I went back to the doctor and he has orderes bloods to check again for athritis but he even seems like its unlikly as I now have muscle pain and possible TMD, I found out yesterday my great gran suffered with fibromyalgia. Is it possible I have had this for years and the chiropractor has set it off full blown with pressing my pressure points. Sorry for the long rant just need to know im not going crazy or am going to die or something. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Is it fibromyalgia??

hello and welcome,
    I doubt the chiro set off fibro. it is possible his work has echoed badly in your body. it is unknown if it is hereditary. until it subsides I would not go back to the chiro for treatment. messing with our pressure points can cause a great deal of pain even in a healthy person. knocks the natural rhythm of our body off. I don't touch mine nor do I allow any doctor to.
    some of the symptoms you describe are also an aspect of sjogrens. suggest you ask your doc to run the blood work for that as well. better to know than not.
    peace,
    bluelakelady
    someday we all must die. going crazy is another thing. that you can prevent. no, you are not crazy. just scared. sending you a no fear hug.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #3
    megan1991
    (female)

megan1991 HB User

Hi, Thanks for the reply ive looked at the other syndrome you suggested and it doesnt sound related, yesterday the doctor prescribed amatriptolyn ive probably spelt that wrong. I managed to have a painless sleep but still felt extremely fatigued during the day. My doctor is running more bloods to see what the cause is as there has never been any inflammation when ive been in pain and no injury. Hopefully this is resolved soon enough.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 AM   #4
    csmith34
    (female)

csmith34 HB User

I have almost all the symptoms you are describing and i was told i have fibromyalgia and neuropathy..unfortunately there isn't any cure for fibromyalgia just have to deal with it. They can do blood work to rule out any vitamin deficiency as well as a emg and nerve conduction test. There are many hoops to jump through before you get diagnosed with fibromyalgia..good luck

Reply Reply

Tags
    fibromyalgia, fibromyalgia flares, symptoms