It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• posterior tibial tendon dysfunction

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
    Salmonds
    (female)

Salmonds HB User
    Unhappy posterior tibial tendon dysfunction

Hi! I was hoping some people could help me out!
    I want to know what's going on with my foot! I will be seeing a doctor but not for another month and a half! So anyway, I had accesory navicular surgery almost two years ago. I still have pain. I also had the same surgery on my left foot a year ago. After that one the pain never slowed down and I got another surgery in December because my tendon was not attached to the bone. Now my right foot has been hurting and my foot it flat. It is only flat when I put wait on it. I can feel my arch touching the ground and it is 100% flat, anyway the part of the tendon right under my ankle has been extremely itchy? Idk why? But anyway yesterday my foot got numb! Right along the tendon. Then I started to get pricking pains and burning pains. Today it is not numb but it feels weird. It still hurts but the pricking pain is gone. I can walk on it with pain. Did this happen to anyone else? Is it normal? Also I have orthotics will these work or will I need a surgery? How long do I wait for them to work for? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
    jennigirl
    (female)

jennigirl HB User
    Re: posterior tibial tendon dysfunction

I just had surgery for PTTD and spring ligament tear. I am 12 weeks out. Your symptoms may be related to PTTD and possibly tarsal tunnel syndrome. Have you read into that?
    I never had numbness to my inner ankle. I just had pain!! And a pancake flat foot! I could feel the whole floor on the bottom of my foot. Now I have a really pretty arch.

Jen

Old 03-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
    Salmonds
    (female)

Salmonds HB User

Wow! I just looked into it and it does seem likely! Hopefully my orthotics solve both problems if that's it! How is your foot? Why did you decide to have surgery?

Old 03-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
    jennigirl
    (female)

jennigirl HB User

My pain started in spring 2013. By the time this past summer came along I couldn't do much other than work. When I came home, I could barely walk. Pain would wake me up at night. I had really no other choice. I didn't want to do it. But nothing was going to make it better by then. My spring ligament tear turned into PTTD, full thickness cartilage tear, and a few tendons on the opposite side of my ankle being damaged. It took 8 procedures that day to put me back together and reconstruct my arch.

Closed Thread

Tags
    posterior tibal tendon, posterior tibal tendonitis, pttd