It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Had Subtalar Fusion, now CRPS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
    Jayhawker77
    (female)

Jayhawker77 HB User
    Had Subtalar Fusion, now CRPS

Hi all,
    I had my ankle fusion on December 31st 2014. I was just diagnosed with Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome, in the acute stage and my pain management dr feels that my best option is to have a neurotransmitter implant. Has anyone else experienced this after their fusion? I am very discouraged, but trying to remain positive hoping that maybe the neurotransmitter will give me my life back. I'm only 38. Hoping someone out there has advice!

The following user gives a hug of support to Jayhawker77:
    Justintime44 (08-30-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
    FlatFootPain
    (female)

FlatFootPain HB UserFlatFootPain HB UserFlatFootPain HB UserFlatFootPain HB User
    Hi, oh my , i am so sorry to hear. I have had a lot of pain in my hips, back, and legs since my foot reconstruction, but i am not sure if that is considered CRPS..... Do you have pain in the same areas?

Old 08-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #3
    kimber687
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB User
    Re: Had Subtalar Fusion, now CRPS

Sorry to hear this. I have nerve issues in my foot after all my surgeries and it's not pleasant but my friend has CRPS after ankle surgeries too and I know it's a whole other kind of pain. (Hugs). There is a CRPS board on here that I know was a great help to her.

I think the spinal cord stimulator is what you are speaking of, correct?

Old 08-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
    FlatFootPain
    (female)

FlatFootPain HB UserFlatFootPain HB UserFlatFootPain HB UserFlatFootPain HB User
    Hi kim, thanks for posting. It this common? I'm concerned... I plan to have a revision foot reconstruction to hopefully help with the rest of the body pain, but it now sound backwards...

Old 08-31-2015, 05:40 AM   #5
    kimber687
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB Userkimber687 HB User
    Re: Had Subtalar Fusion, now CRPS

CRPS is not that common, but it is out there especially for people who have had multiple surgeries...but even people with a simple injury and no surgery can get it.

It's basically your central nerve system going into overdrive and becoming extra sensitive. A doctor has to diagnose it but it's very different than a normal ache or pain.

I suspect you may have what most with an abnormal gait have, including me, which are aches and pains from an abnormal walk. (I had an abnormal gait for over 7 years and I still feel it it my back, opposite hip and knee.)

Old 08-31-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
    FlatFootPain
    (female)

Hey Kimberly, thank for the response. Sorry to hear you are in pain too. Is your abnormal gait a result of your foot surgery?

Closed Thread

Tags
    ankle, chronic pain, crps, pain