It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• 1yr+ Post-Op Flat Foot Reconstruction... Anyone else still having problems?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2015, 06:32 AM   #1
    partofthatworld
    (female)

partofthatworld HB User
    Unhappy 1yr+ Post-Op Flat Foot Reconstruction... Anyone else still having problems?

Hey guys,

Last May, I had a flat foot reconstruction surgery. I was 19 at the time and was told that my age would possibly help my healing process. However, I have had one heck of a time recovering from this surgery. It took me 6 months to transition to PWB from NWB, and even now, over a year post-op, I'm still experiencing extreme stiffness when standing for long periods. I (apparently) still have a bit of a limp when I walk. I'm wondering if it's normal to still experience these things so far after surgery. My left leg experienced significant atrophy during the time of my surgery, and I'm still trying to build it back up. Is anyone else struggling so long after surgery?

Last edited by partofthatworld; 09-23-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
    geriegrl
    (female)

geriegrl HB User
    Re: 1yr+ Post-Op Flat Foot Reconstruction... Anyone else still having problems?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by partofthatworld View Post
    Hey guys,

Last May, I had a flat foot reconstruction surgery. I was 19 at the time and was told that my age would possibly help my healing process. However, I have had one heck of a time recovering from this surgery. It took me 6 months to transition to PWB from NWB, and even now, over a year post-op, I'm still experiencing extreme stiffness when standing for long periods. I (apparently) still have a bit of a limp when I walk. I'm wondering if it's normal to still experience these things so far after surgery. My left leg experienced significant atrophy during the time of my surgery, and I'm still trying to build it back up. Is anyone else struggling so long after surgery?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
    geriegrl
    (female)

geriegrl HB User
    Re: 1yr+ Post-Op Flat Foot Reconstruction... Anyone else still having problems?

Hello,
    Yes it is a long recovery . I am 7 mo post op still stiffness and some amount of pain with long duration on my feet but much better. I would think being a year post op and your age it should be back to normal. Have you been back to your doctor what are they saying about this? Did you ask about the hardware? Sometimes that can be the issue and can be removed. How long did you go to PT for? I would definitely look into it further and not accept that this is the way it has to be.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ankle, flat, foot, recovery .., surgery