It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Help! Prednisone Withdrawal for Extreme Swelling after Flat Foot Reconstriction

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
    gicki
    (female)

gicki HB User
    Help! Prednisone Withdrawal for Extreme Swelling after Flat Foot Reconstriction

I am hoping someone can help me! I had Flat Foot Reconstruction surgery on Aug 3rd. And due to extreme swelling my Primary Doctor put me on prednisone to help with the swelling.

I took 60 Mg x 7days, then 40 Mg x 7 days then stop.

Thursday I took my last dose, by Friday night my left knee swelled up like crazy, making it very difficult to to walk and then on Saturday I got a red rash on the roof of my mouth and a mouth sore that is driving me crazy.

Has anyone ever been on 40 mg and then quite cold turkey.

Thanks,
    Gicki
    7-13-17 Arthrodesis MPJ, Plantar fasciotomy, Achilles’ tendon lengthening, Hardware removal
    9-21-17 Screw Removal
    7-8-19 Subtalar Fusion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
    mel g
    (female)

mel g HB Usermel g HB Usermel g HB Usermel g HB User
    I would investigate the swelling of your joints more. Do you have a rheumatology issue? Sounds like the steroid might have been suppressing some symptoms! I have learned that if you are on steroid for 2 weeks or less it does not need to be weaned down and then off. Unless you have an adrenal issue. Sounds like you are right at the cut off. I would contact your gp and tell them what is happening.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
    gicki
    (female)

gicki HB User
    Re: Help! Prednisone Withdrawal for Extreme Swelling after Flat Foot Reconstriction

Mel,

I did not have an issue before with my joints. However my sister has Lupus and I know that can run in families. I have a follow up appointment with my General Doctor tomorrow to talk to her about this. I am thinking I may have an underlying condition that this brought to the surface.

Thanks,
    Gicki
    7-13-17 Arthrodesis MPJ, Plantar fasciotomy, Achilles’ tendon lengthening, Hardware removal
    9-21-17 Screw Removal
    7-8-19 Subtalar Fusion

Closed Thread

Tags
    neurology, prednisone, prednisone withdrawal, pttd, swelling