It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Graduated from PT

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
    gicki
    (female)

gicki HB User
    Graduated from PT

Monday I will be 5 months post op from Flat foot Reconstruction with Bunion Surgery and I graduated from Physical Therapy. I am happy that I have completed PT, but know that I have a long road still ahead of me. I am struggling with nerve pain, and pain under my first metatarsal. I am still experiencing a lot of swelling and am hope that will improve in the months ahead. I have normal strength in my foot or so PT says. I can easily walk on my heals, but walking in the front of my foot (tippy toes) I still have so much weakness.

Today was the fist day that when I got out of bed my first steps were not excruciating. My morning discomfort normally occurs from my Achilles being so tight. I will continue to work hard on my exercises. I am currently using a green band and awaiting the black band to arrive to give me more resistance.

Has anyone had any luck using a TENS units at home or EMS to strengthen the calf muscles? I go back to surgeon next Tuesday to get his insight on how I am doing. I struggle with the incision on the top of my foot from the first metatarsal fusion and bunion surgery. This is the worst scar I have ever had. The other 3 are healed nicely and lying flat and the skin is mostly smooth, but the one on the top of the foot is raised and feel like leather. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should be doing to the incision other than the normal messaging that I do several times a day.
    7-13-17 Arthrodesis MPJ, Plantar fasciotomy, Achilles’ tendon lengthening, Hardware removal
    9-21-17 Screw Removal
    7-8-19 Subtalar Fusion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    flat foot surgery, foot surgery, nerve pain, physical therapy, pttd surgery