It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Ankle Popping After arthroscopy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
    lorcyn
    (male)

lorcyn HB User
    Ankle Popping After arthroscopy

On November 17th I had an Ankle Arthroscopy with extensive Debridement and Microfracture. Recovery was supposed to be 2 weeks non weight bearing, followed by 4 weeks of weight bearing as tolerated with walking boot. We are at about 4-5 weeks since the surgery at this point.

Starting a few days ago I started being a bit more mobile without crutches. Also i started moving just a little tiny bit outside of crutches in the bathroom for showers (seriously makes things sooo much easier). I found that the back of my ankle (feels like in the tendons) pops. It gets really painful sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. I avoid it but it worries me. On occasion, when I'm in my walking boot, i'll land on my heel at just the right angle and it hurts pretty bad because i cannot follow through with the movement and get to actually pop. Also happens when my body weight isn't quite centered right.

My PT says that is totally fine and to not worry. To avoid doing what's causing the popping but to still keep full on working the ankle.

My surgeon's nurse on the other hand thinks differently. But what makes that weird is that I was flown to the surgeon to get it done and now I'm back in my own city and cannot go show them the ankle or really point out where it is popping. The nurse says that I need to go back to crutches and delay further work on it for a bit longer because it must need more healing. That the debridement was more extensive than usual.

What do you guys think? Should i go back to crutches and stay off it again or just keep working on it. PT doesn't want me to stop because work can be undone and that he doesn't think its bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread