It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• ever woken up to a lot of pain without knowing what caused it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
    dama
    Veteran
    (male)

dama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB User
    Question ever woken up to a lot of pain without knowing what caused it?

ugh, i thought i was mentally settling with my injury and surgery these days. i'm able to function and went back to my physical job almost a year ago.

the other night i went to sleep just fine. took my shoes off, took a shower and was goofing off on my phone until i fell asleep. got a full nights rest and woke up to allot of pain. all around my incision area was puffy and hurt more to the touch. i struggled to get my shoes on and my first step up i knew i was in trouble.

i am kind of freaking out because im basically back to where i was directly after surgery. pain all over the place, i can't walk on my foot and im uncertain about whats going on.

for me by the time i got into my shoe with a brace was just under 2 months. from that point until now i have never had an episode like this along with the swelling and me not being able to walk. i have had little issues in the past where i would take a break because of little aches and pains, but i was still easily doing the day to day stuff. just not my hardcore hiking i do 10+ miles at a time for fitness.

so i rested last night but the pain got worse, i started popping advil, raising my foot, etc. i woke up more than once last night and the issues continue this am.

so it isn't a fluke. i can't work like this and am scared and don't plan on even going anywhere.

But this can't be normal so i need to go see a doctor, i don't want to do something stupid.

Problem is, what did i do? i have been active so much. i had months of pt and exercise allot almost every day and have been working at a good pace for the last year.

I had no warnings that I was even getting run down at all. I have had a nasty cold/flu for the past month but I don't think its related.

I don't want to poke around too much but it doesn't seem like things are unstable like before the surgery. I never had any accidents or popping, etc.

Its almost like somebody hit me with a hammer. Maybe I kicked something during sleep although I'm using a mattress in the middle of a room with no bed parts or walls to kick. I would think if stretching the wrong way, etc. could do it, it would have happened by now.

Honestly if I have damaged myself and need new surgery because of it I don't know how I would ever have the confidence in surgery again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread