It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Keloid Scar and hardware removal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
    gicki
    (female)

gicki HB User
    Keloid Scar and hardware removal

Good Evening.

A week ago I had cortisone injections in the keloid scar on the to top of my foot where my Fusions and Lapidus Bunionectomy were performed. The surgeon wants to remove the scar and the hardware on the top of foot. With everything I have gone through with this recovery, I looked at him like he was CRAZY! Another surgery, no way! I asked about steroid injections and he said we could try that, but if no improvement in 6 weeks he suggests removing the scar.

Has anyone else had scar issues? I think it was how he sewed me up. I had two csections and never had any issue with scar tissue. I am also having issue on the side of my heel where the Double Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy was put. The scar tissue feels like it is stuck to the plate. When I message the scar, it starts to split open in the spot it is stuck. Are these issues part from being in a splint for 7 weeks and no air getting to the scars. I am just so frustrated I want this over already.

If I do decide to have the hardware and keloid removed, how much more nerve damage will this cause as I as still having so much nerve pain now. Will the hardware removal on the top of my foot help. I would like the hardware out but am scared of the process. Surgeon said the hardware removal is nothing compared to the original surgery.

If the scar is cut out, what will I do to stop another keloid from forming. Does anyone have any products they used that work for them, Mederma, Kelocote, silicone padding, etc.

Any suggestions for insight would be greatly appreciated.

Gicki
    7-13-17 Arthrodesis MPJ, Plantar fasciotomy, Achilles’ tendon lengthening, Hardware removal
    9-21-17 Screw Removal
    7-8-19 Subtalar Fusion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    bunion surgery, flat foot reconstruction, nerve damage, pttd