It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Terrible ankle problem, help, what is it??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
    JTStheBest
    (female)

JTStheBest HB User
    Terrible ankle problem, help, what is it??

Hey All!
    Well, this has been going on for months and I just don't know what to do! I know I should see a doctor, but I just don't have money for that. At any rate, here goes:
    Okay, so I have this thing going on with the right ankle... It's hard to explain so bear with me... I have to stand for 7 hours at work 5 days a week, and sometimes by midday but usually more towards the end of my shift the notch on the ankle HURTS and it's hard to walk... But that's not all, the other side, (the inside of the foot), the ankle swells but at night when I sleep it goes down and I can walk okay for the first couple hours... And here's another situation... I donate plasma and they put you in a bed to where the feet are like 3 feet in the air and I lay there for at least 30-40 minutes each donation, and when I get up to leave my ankle HURTS bad and it's super hard to walk for a while and then it's okay.
    So! Does anyone know what to do and why this has lasted SO long?? Oh yeah, I also bought a ankle support from Walgreen's, the kind that you just pull over your foot and it worked in the beginning, but now when I wear it, it seems to make matters worse... So how do I fix this?? Has this happened to any of you out there?? Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2016, 05:37 AM   #2
    sylke97
    (female)

sylke97 HB User
    Re: Terrible ankle problem, help, what is it??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTStheBest View Post
    Hey All!
    Well, this has been going on for months and I just don't know what to do! I know I should see a doctor, but I just don't have money for that. At any rate, here goes:
    Okay, so I have this thing going on with the right ankle... It's hard to explain so bear with me... I have to stand for 7 hours at work 5 days a week, and sometimes by midday but usually more towards the end of my shift the notch on the ankle HURTS and it's hard to walk... But that's not all, the other side, (the inside of the foot), the ankle swells but at night when I sleep it goes down and I can walk okay for the first couple hours... And here's another situation... I donate plasma and they put you in a bed to where the feet are like 3 feet in the air and I lay there for at least 30-40 minutes each donation, and when I get up to leave my ankle HURTS bad and it's super hard to walk for a while and then it's okay.
    So! Does anyone know what to do and why this has lasted SO long?? Oh yeah, I also bought a ankle support from Walgreen's, the kind that you just pull over your foot and it worked in the beginning, but now when I wear it, it seems to make matters worse... So how do I fix this?? Has this happened to any of you out there?? Thanks so much!
    I feel bad for your pain. Foot pain is the worst especially when you have to stand for work the majority of the day. I have no other advice than go see a podiatrist at least. He/she can assess your stance and walking gait, take x-rays etc. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread