It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• PTTD First few weeks nausea, constipation, failed nerve block, PAIN, Falling on foot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2016, 01:24 AM   #16
    Justintime44
    Veteran
    (female)

Justintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB UserJustintime44 HB User
    Re: PTTD First few weeks nausea, constipation, failed nerve block, PAIN, Falling on f

Have you ever considered a different type of medication to help you sleep? Some people find that medications such as Trazodone or Nortritylene can be helpful for both nerve pain and sleeping, when taken at the lower doses. At higher doses they are considered antidepressant medications, but at the lower doses (25-50mg for T, and 20-40mg for N) they help in other ways. Benedryl helps with allergies and makes me sleepy. My son takes Zyrtec every night for allergies, and a side effect is that it makes him sleep better at night.

I encourage you to talk further with either your primary care doctor or surgon. I hate to hear that you are suffering in pain each night and having difficulty sleeping because of it. Your body needs all the good, restful sleep it can get, to help heal your foot day-by-day. My heart goes out to you, especially during those long, painful nights. I remember those during weeks 2-4 when my cast was wrong and over stretching my Achilles. Your body is asking you for a little more help -- maybe there is something you can take that won't make you feel nauseous but will help you sleep. When we're resting in bed trying to sleep, it is so easy to notice every shooting, throbbing, aching pain. Our minds need a gentle distraction to help us sleep.

I wish you lots of zzzzzzz's.

K

May 2016 - Tarsal Tunnel Release surgery
    July 2014 - Talonavicular Fusion and Achilles Tendon Lengthening, same foot

Last edited by Administrator; 03-28-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #17
    Funmomof22
    (female)

Funmomof22 HB User
    Re: PTTD First few weeks nausea, constipation, failed nerve block, PAIN, Falling on f

Oh my gosh....so sorry.
    I had pttd surgery on Jan 28.I was flat on my back for about 2weeks to keep the swelling down. I got off Rx pain meds after 1 week. Took it easy at home for 6 weeks. Was non weight baring for 6 weeks. Used a knee scooter. Now I am in a boot. Just in the last week or two I have been up on my feet around the house for a good part of the day. I over did it on Friday and had to rest the foot for most of the day on sat and sun.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #18
    AKittyKat
    (female)

AKittyKat HB User

Just checking in....I just was cleared for full weight bearing! My pain levels have decreased drastically and after I started PWB I was able to keep my foot down for longer periods of time. It is really mind blowing how things changed so quickly. I know the pain will increase when i am FWB but I am looking forward to getting out and not being so isolated. I still have acid reflux, but I am getting it checked out to see if it was caused by laying down too much or from all the pain meds. For anyone struggling I hope you see the other side of the tunnel soon.

Closed Thread

Tags
    flat foot, pttd