It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Broken Anke - is it possible to injure it while in the boot?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
    alinka118
    (female)

alinka118 HB User
    Cool Broken Anke - is it possible to injure it while in the boot?

Hi Everyone
    I fractured by Fibula on Saturday, and just saw an orthopedist today - he looked at my X rays and told me he was pretty confident it would heal ok, it was minimally displaced, so nothing too bad. He did say, though, that I should X ray it once more in 2 weeks - if it looks like the bone that's broken is healing improperly and moving/pushing the bone next to it, he might have to operate.

My question is: 1) Is it possible to re-injure or cause the bone to move/displace while wearing the boot? I've bumped it a couple of times while trying to hop, and tapped the bottom of my foot - it hurts, because it's still swollen of course, but I just worry that I've done further damage

2) I'll be away for a bachelorette weekend a few days before my X ray/next appt. (in 2 weeks from now) Is it a bad idea to go and be on my feet like that? we'll be walking a bit, and plan on dancing - which I will not be participating in - but I'm worried that I'll bump into people if it's crowded, and cause damage.

Anyone done damage to their foot while wearing the boot or have advice for me?

thanks!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
    kris182
    (female)

kris182 HB User
    Re: Broken Anke - is it possible to injure it while in the boot?

It is possible to reinjured, I do it all the time in my boot, I've been in it for a year. I recentlu broke a toe while in the boot, so anything's possible.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #3
    dama
    Veteran
    (male)

dama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB User

anything is possible. i'm confused as to why you are weight bearing in your boot though? you should be on crutches and doing whatever is needed to see if you can start the healing process. putting weight on it is just asking to shift things.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:42 PM   #4
    kris182
    (female)

kris182 HB User

I've been weight bearing for the majority of the time in the boot. My surgeon doesn't discourage it either. And right now I'm recovering from shoulder surgery, so I couldn't be on crutches.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ankle fracture, boot, injury