It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

6 months post-op

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
Salmonds
(female)

Salmonds HB User
6 months post-op

I had a Posterior Tibial Tendon repair 6 months ago. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of pain. It hurts to touch, walk, run, and jump. If i straighten my ankle it hurts a lot. I also have pain on the outside of my ankle especially when i straighten it. The doctor had me get an MRI to make sure the bone anchor is in correctly, is it common for a bone anchor to come out or move?? I'm really worried because in the past 3ish years I've had to have 4 surgeries and i don't want to have one again. Does anyone have any ideas why it might be hurting?
Also, if the MRI comes back that everything is fine where do i go from there?
thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to Salmonds:
sylke97 (04-04-2016)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #2
sylke97
(female)

sylke97 HB User
Re: 6 months post-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonds View Post
I had a Posterior Tibial Tendon repair 6 months ago. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of pain. It hurts to touch, walk, run, and jump. If i straighten my ankle it hurts a lot. I also have pain on the outside of my ankle especially when i straighten it. The doctor had me get an MRI to make sure the bone anchor is in correctly, is it common for a bone anchor to come out or move?? I'm really worried because in the past 3ish years I've had to have 4 surgeries and i don't want to have one again. Does anyone have any ideas why it might be hurting?
Also, if the MRI comes back that everything is fine where do i go from there?
thanks
I'm not sure what kind of procedures you had done to repair the tendon. I've had a fdl tendon transfer and a calcaneal osteotomy to repair my PTT or rather fix my flat foot deformity. I'm almost 4 months post surgery and I can't do much at all either. Physical therapy has helped though. Are you getting physical therapy? Best to you and I hope it all works out!

Closed Thread

Tags
foot, foot and ankle, foot surgery, posterior tibial tendon surgery