It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Bone Marrow Edema

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
Salmonds
(female)

Salmonds HB User
Bone Marrow Edema

In October i had a surgery to repair my posterior tibial tendon. I just recently got an Mri which showed bone marrow edema in my navicular, talus, and heel. The heel doesn't hurt but the navicular and talus are really painful. I have so much pain in the navicular that its hard to walk. Prior to my Mri my doctor said if it showed bone marrow edema he would cast me. At my appt he basically said to wait three months and see if i feel better. He did not explain why it was swollen because he seemed to not know. He didn't tell me to rest or anything. I have switched doctors because he did not know what to do and was talking about an fdl transfer. I don't know when I'm going to the new doctor. Im in a lot of pain and i don't understand why he didn't cast me. I was wondering if i should put my boot on for now. I hate the boot so much but my foot feels so much better in the boot. I don't know if that is ok though. so, should I put my boot on? should i rest my foot?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
foot, foot and ankle, navicular, posterior tibal tendon surgery