It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Foot Pain/Swelling after 1 month cast

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
    alephrosso
    (male)

alephrosso HB User
    Unhappy Foot Pain/Swelling after 1 month cast

Okay so i rolled my ankle and fractured my Fibula skateboarding, a minor fracture and i was put in a no weight bearing cast for a month , my ankle was still swollen from the roll when i put my cast on , and i think the guy might have put it on too tight because for most of the time when i was crutching around with my cast my toes were purple, but other than that everything seemed okay. So i got my cast off and the doctor says the bone is fully healed your ok to start trying to walk, i couldnt walk at all and i spend the next two days rebuilding mobillity in my ankle, eventually i started limping and gained flexibillity in my ankle to the point where i could limp, when i started walking i noticed extreme pain on the palm of my foot, it almost felt like a metatarsal was broken, but when i would squeeze on that area with my hand there is no pain. And my heal get sore when i walk put that kindve went away the palm of my foot especially hurts when i walk bare foot, its been a week since i got my cast off and many parts of my foot are still swollen, my palm of my foot is slightly swollen as well, in the morning its a little less swollen, but towards the end of the day it get pretty swollen, and i really dont want to go back to the doctor, someone please help me!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
    dama
    Veteran
    (male)

dama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB Userdama HB User
    Re: Foot Pain/Swelling after 1 month cast

all i can share with you is my fractures hurt enough to stop me from walking before i had surgery. these actually hurt for me worse than my other injuries.

mine also didn't heal in a month so i'm not sure if thats even possible technically and pain should last even longer.

i had down time before surgery and sitting still is not good for our joints. you are going to have aches and pains trying to break yourself back into the norm that you are used to.

any kind of swelling is going to hurt at your injury and surrounding areas so keep up with rice. if you keep agitating things it will prolong recovery.

even after my surgery if the wounds technically healed after a couple months, i had to work the heck out of my foot in pt and i was still seeing improvements after a year post op and it took longer than that for most of the puffiness to go down.

so its best to make sure you know what your injuries are and follow your docs advice.

keep up with a rice all the time if possible. its annoying but helps. see if you can take any meds to take the edge off.

sounds like you are probably doing too much too soon because you think are healed but that doesn't mean no pain. think of it like trying a new sport with intensity and then feeling the effects the next morning which may hurt enough to make you limp and take a break.

Reply Reply

Tags
    ankle, cast, sprained ankle., swollen