HealthBoards (
-   Foot & Ankle Problems (
-   -   Lump on ankle after fall weeks ago but ... (

minivampire 12-22-2016 10:42 AM

Lump on ankle after fall weeks ago but ...
I fell out of my shower a couple of weeks ago (I can't specify because I really can't remember) and I still have the bruise and it was nothing really, just a small one.

I've still got the lump on my ankle and it's still so painful and uncomfortable (the lump is hard top).

However, I don't know if it will have any connection to the lump staying and the pain...

At the start of August this year I had a knock to the ankle from a ledge and due to it swelling, bruising and the pain I went for an x-ray = all clear. Then to an acupuncturist who said I had a trapped nerve and a bone in my knee was out of place (although I've had bad knees for as long as I can remember..). Then my leg just kept getting worse so I went to my GP who said I could have nerve damage and I got sent to the hospital who told me to put ice on it and sent me on my way.

Since August my whole front part of my leg, below the knee, has swelled up (doesn't look as bad now), felt numb to the touch, I've had pains, painful tingles too. And that lump, I do believe is in the exact place I hit it in August.

With the numbness I feel, it's like my leg is spilt in half as the front half is numb and the back feels normal. Since then I have refused anyone touching it (as in family not professionals), if it gets knocked sometimes it's so painful I could cry, it can be painful while walking. And as weird as this may sound, I cannot shave my leg as it feels too not normal and strange so I can't do it.

I don't know what I'm asking for, I guess what have I done to it? will it get better? because there has been no signs of improvement. Could that fall have made whatever it was before even worse? should I go back to my GP or will I be wasting their time?

kath9033 12-22-2016 07:05 PM

Re: Lump on ankle after fall weeks ago but ...
Please go see an ankle orthopedic specialist ASAP!!! You could have something very dangerous called Compartment Syndrome. It can cause nerve compression, swelling, tenderness, etc. Even if the orthopedic doc says you don't have that in particular, they'll be able to help steer you in the correct direction treatment-wise way more so than a neurologist/acupuncturist/pcp. I'm a Physical Therapist Assistant and what you're describing as your symptoms are very worrying. Keep us updated please and go be seen!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM.