It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• broken fibula, what to do ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
    blkbunny
    (female)

blkbunny HB User
    Question broken fibula, what to do ?

Hello everyone!

I fell during the night, on Monday night/Tuesday early morning, last week. That was February 20th and I broke my fibula! I went to an urgent care clinic, they did x-rays and said I have broken my fibula and I needed to see an Orthopedist STAT! They gave me an air cast and sent me home. I called our local orthopedic institute, but they don't take my insurance. That left me with only one other doctor in town, and his receptionist couldn't squeeze me in in the next 2 weeks, but promised to 'make some calls and let me see what I can do' type of promise, which led to nothing. She NEVER called me back!

On Friday, I had a previously scheduled appt with my primary doctor, who had a note on my chart from this lacking ortho's receptionist and it said they were 'not accepting any new patients at this time.' WHY she didn't just tell me this to begin with is beyond me!

Anyhow, I have an appointment this Thursday, which is about 10 days after I broke my fibula. Do you think this will need surgery? I'm not asking for a professional opinion, I realize most of us here are not doctors..... just wondering, from anyone's experience, what to make of this.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply