It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Sprained Ankle confusion

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
    Leiajp
    (female)

Leiajp HB User
    Sprained Ankle confusion

Hi. I am Leia.On the first of July, this year, in the evening, I fell on a pile of mulch twisting my right ankle. I got in side the house and propped my foot up with ice. The following day I ended up feeling feverish, dizzy and vomited. Afterward, I sat in bed my foot on a pillow with ice and wrapped up. That same day my ankle was like a softball size and I discovered bruises. The next day I had the same problem feeling sick. . I kept it wrapped up. The day after that no more feeling sick , just agitated at the non ability to move around.
    On the twelfth of july I noticed my ankle swollen again I'm not sure why. I felt sharp pain around 4 pm ice was applied around 8 pm to sudden swelling .. On the 20th of July after a visit to a beach my ankle was red sore and swollen but after a nights rest the swelling was gone but pain persist. Barley walked around but when I did feel pain between shin and foot at the bend, hurt for many hours then pain on back of leg below calf.
    Then swelling appeared in small amount again could walk fairly well but not with out pain . on the 28th of July.

On the 31st of July I finally had the ability to go to a doctor. He moved my foot around and some of it we as just a tight feeling. He moved my foot up and down bending it and it hurt, also he touched the ankle swell and a spot hurt enough for me to make noise. He compared my right ankle to my left. He told me that there are rules about x-rays and that he couldn't give me one due to the fact that I was walking on it. I told him it hurt to walk even though I was. He did prescribe me meloxicam. Gave me a brace and sent me on my way.
    Now its the 11th of August this med doesn't seem to help with pain a lot. I barely feel the pain but when I do its that spot between the shin and foot where it bends, I feel odd movement like pulling and now popping noises from that same spot, there were never popping sounds till now. My question mostly is , is Meloxicam for pain? Sprains? Also does the pulling feeling and popping noise mean something? Is there anyone who can advise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2017, 05:55 AM   #2
    Mycats
    (female)

Mycats HB UserMycats HB UserMycats HB User
    Re: Sprained Ankle confusion

You need to see foot and ankle orthopedist. Sprains can take a long time to heal, but their could always be fracture not picked up by physical exam. My orthopedist said I had severe sprain, but wanted x-ray and it showed avulsion fracture. Then had another situation, that on exam it seemed I had deltoid ligament is sure, mri showed an unstable fracture. Both times surgeon did not feel fracture on physical exam and I was walking with some pain, but further tests revealed fracture. If you are still having problems, I would insist on x-ray.

Reply Reply