It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

My Calcaneus Fracture CT scan six months on

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
Disco10
(male)

Disco10 HB User
My Calcaneus Fracture CT scan six months on

Hi all , got the results of my second CT Scan this week from my 6 months previous calcaneus fracture (no surgery)
Over the last few months I've been getting a lot worse with pain and now can't even bear to put foot to the floor it's that bad , feel I'm going backwards, 3 Months ago I felt I was doing ok and making progress but have had to go back to hospital a few times since it's starting to get worse hence the second scan ,
Results were, Fracture has healed well and also fracture that went into the joint has healed, but he cannot tell me the reason for the pain but is going to work with me to try and find the cause before a ultimate subtalar fusion, starting with injections very soon, He Said the injections could work and possibly last up to six months which I very much doubt from what I've read ,
Will try anything at this stage as now it's getting real bad and my mood is not the best
I have pain in the subtalar joint, at the rear of my achelies tendon and also under my foot ,all real painful and my foot is so tender if I even just catch my foot on anything the pain is unbelievable like as if you just knocked a bruised area on your body ,But looks ok from the outside apart from still some build up around the top of the ankle that's been there all the time
Don't think the injections will be a miracle cure but some relief would be fantastic,
Anyone had these injections with good results?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
Steve30141
(male)

Steve30141 HB User
Re: My Calcaneus Fracture CT scan six months on

HI, I had the injections and if you get 6 months relief, that would be great to help delay having to have surgery. Personally, it went from helping a couple of months to a few weeks. I wound up having a subtalar fusion late august 2012. Recovery isn't easy but worth it. 5 years later, I'm having some swelling but pain isn't bad. No regrets on having the surgery but you must follow the surgeons instructions. I still have the hardware in. Good luck.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:53 AM   #3
Disco10
(male)

Disco10 HB User
Re: My Calcaneus Fracture CT scan six months on

Thanks for the reply Steve, good to know your doing ok now, since my last post my appointment came through for next Friday so will see from there onwards, Not looking forward to it but will try anything at this stage but as you say I think the fusion is the ultimate outcome, what were the injections like ? Did they work almost immediately or take a few days to have effect , were they painful?.

Reply Reply