It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Heel pain from screws

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #1
Thislilpigg33
(female)

Thislilpigg33 HB User
Heel pain from screws

Tomorrow will be two weeks that I had subtalar fusion plus other procedures, but there are two screws from the heel to the joint that cause me so much pain whenever it feels like, nothing helps, not pain meds, elevation, icing behind knee. It is not constant , it just comes and goes as it pleases , stays for however it wants and then gone again. Has anyone ever experienced this pain and how did you deal with it? At times, it can get pretty bad, that the pain makes me nauseated

The following user gives a hug of support to Thislilpigg33:
mammalu (10-12-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
mammalu
(female)

mammalu HB User
Re: Heel pain from screws

Hi, I had sub-talar done 6 mths ago. It's only 2 weeks, and there is a lot of healing going on in the foot. Any surgery disrupts nerves and it may be that what you are feeling is some nerve pain that often feels like spasms in the foot. I have something similar, but it runs along the outside of my foot. It does get better, try and be patient, and give yourself time to heal.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Thislilpigg33
(female)

Thislilpigg33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammalu View Post
Hi, I had sub-talar done 6 mths ago. It's only 2 weeks, and there is a lot of healing going on in the foot. Any surgery disrupts nerves and it may be that what you are feeling is some nerve pain that often feels like spasms in the foot. I have something similar, but it runs along the outside of my foot. It does get better, try and be patient, and give yourself time to heal.
Hi, thank you mammalu. Yea I guess I am getting a lil inpatient. Can you tell me how your healing went? Why did you need a fusion? Just got my stitches out yesterday and my cast on, dr said I will be non weight bearing til thanksgiving, but I'll be in a boot by then

Old 10-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
mammalu
(female)

mammalu HB User

I had osteoarthritis. Previously had tibial talar fusion. This time 6 weeks in cast, then 6 wks in boot. 8 weeks non weight bearing, then weight bearing as able. I have started physio/rehab this week. Getting around ok, but find that after sitting for any time I have increased pain in foot, unil it warms up again. Still have weird pains in foot, but slowly improving. Am finding the mental side harder this time, I think because I had expectations based on my recovery the 1st time, and this is a lot slower. Have to remind myself, different joint, and I am 9 years older!

Old 10-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
Thislilpigg33
(female)

Thislilpigg33 HB User

Thank again mammalu! It's always good to know someone understands the pain I'm going through. I was originally scheduled to get a calcaneal osteotomy, Achilles lengthening, possible ankle stabilization, 1st metatarsal fusion for pttd. Woke up with, none of that but Achilles, major ankle stablilization and of course I had real bad subtalar instability as well which was causing my heel to shift so hence the fusion. I'm grateful, I didn't get the heel cut and shifted over, cuz heard it is more painful plus non wb would have been 12 instead of my 8! Thanks again

Reply Reply