It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Foot/ankle surgery

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
85har
(female)

85har HB User
Foot/ankle surgery

I had calcaneal osteotomy with PTT transfer 11/28 (7 weeks).
Doing well....still in cast NWB...Wondering how long it took others to be weight bearing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
Thislilpigg33
(female)

Thislilpigg33 HB UserThislilpigg33 HB User
Re: Foot/ankle surgery

Hi, i didnt have that done but i was supposed to have calcaneal osteotomy and my dr was going to have me nonwb for 12 but when i had surgey, things changed as i had different issues than initially thought so it turned to 8 weeks. i was in a boot for 12 weeks though. Started putting weight at 8 as tolerated. How are you feeling at this point in your recovery?

Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 AM   #3
kate523
(female)

kate523 HB User
Re: Foot/ankle surgery

I had my surgery on 10/31/17. I was supposed to be in a cast for 8 weeks and have it removed between Christmas and New Years. I ended up in it for an extra week due to my surgeon being on vacation. So it was removed on 1/3/18. Rehab is looking to be a long process. I was surprised that when the cast came off I couldn't walk on it. The first couple of days was learning to stand on it. About 3 weeks later, I have a lot of swelling to the point I can barely get a shoe on. But, I am walking unaided and started driving again. Both my surgeon and my therapist say the doing competitive walks should be very doable by May.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
KiMaRaChAu18
(female)

KiMaRaChAu18 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Foot/ankle surgery

Here is a question. I work in Child Care and right now I am out of work until I have this surgery and when the doctor releases me. But knowing I will be having Rehab, how does that work around when you are able to go back to work?

Reply Reply