It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• 1 Month Post Op ATFL Brostrom question

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-31-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
    Jengie
    (female)

Jengie HB User
    1 Month Post Op ATFL Brostrom question

Hi all,

I'm almost 5 weeks post-op, still NWB, was in a soft cast and should be transitioning into a boot next week. I'm currently only in an ace bandage as I fell off my knee scooter and sustained another injury, so we're trying to minimize swelling. Pain levels aren't too bad, but I'm experiencing spasms/twitches in my ankle. My whole foot will just uncontrollably flex or point out of the blue, or suddenly jerk to the right or left and that is sometimes painful. I've also noticed a slight click right on the ankle bone when this happens. I've been incredibly compliant, elevating all day, even at work. My doctor just prescribed an anti spasm medication but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this during the post-op period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
    Ann309
    (female)

Ann309 HB User
    Re: 1 Month Post Op ATFL Brostrom question

I'm four weeks out from brostrom and had this happen just when I was drifting off to sleep. It's called a hypnic jerk. It was very painful. I'd had them occasionally before surgery but they weren't painful.

Reply Reply