It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Numbness of Toes

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
    notmyrealnam
    (male)

notmyrealnam HB User
    Numbness of Toes

Hiya

I've lost the sense of touch in two of my toes on my left foot and have no idea why. This has lasted about 4 days now and i'm starting to get concerned considering how long it's been

Web-MDing it myself comes up with results such as brain aneurysms etc. which this clearly is not

There are no other symptoms/side-effects: just the numbness

No noteworthy cause, poor lifestyle/diet etc.

The only thing I can think of is that I work as a CA in a supermarket and spend the entirety of my day on my feet. It's possibly got something to do with that or my footwear?

I'm lost. Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Numbness of Toes

What two toes?

Usually it's back related, however there are other reasons such as neuromas, arthritis of the toes, etc.

q

Old 09-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Numbness of Toes

I get numbness in my toes from having MS- an autoimmune disease which does not send signals from my brain to my feet properly... I also have Reynaulds syndrome, where the blood flow to the feet is compromised- do your toes turn white or red? If so it could be a circulatory issue like Reynaulds.

Pinched nerves can also cause this- they usually fix themselves eventually. Since you are standing on your feet allot- please look for good supportive shoes with enough room in the toe area that you aren't pinching your toes...this is important whether it is causing your problems or not.

Go see a podiatrist. They can tell you if you have damage, or if it is simply a matter of time...good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
    numb, toes, unknown cause