It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Question about surgery and recovery

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #1
    FlatFootTeacher
    (female)

FlatFootTeacher HB User
    Question about surgery and recovery

I am planning on getting surgery in April to repair my torn peroneal tendon. I have some questions about the recovery.

1. How long do you think it will be until I can drop off and take my kids to school? I will have my left foot operated on, so I should be able to drive even with a cast. Just wondering how long I should arrange to have someone else drop off and pick up my kids for me.

2. When did you return to work? I am a school librarian and wonít be able to work until I at least get the walking boot and can put some weight on it. I know I will have the hard cast at least 6 weeks. There is no way I can shelve books with a cast as I am alone in the library. I do have some parent help, but only a couple days a week. There is no way I can put my foot up at work while I am teaching classes. Do you think 6 weeks is enough? I need to work on lesson plans for while I am gone and going to try to get them done over Christmas break.

3. Is there anything you wish you would have planned for but didnít know about? Hindsight is 20/20, so any pointers? Iím trying hard to plan for what I can ahead of time.

4. As for surgery, when they gave you the block, weíre you already put under? I am SUPER nervous about the surgery itself. Iím nervous about all the medications cuz my body is sensitive to meds and Iíve never had opioids before.

5. Any other advice you wish you had before surgery?
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2019, 04:57 AM   #2
    Margot87
    (female)

Margot87 HB User
    Re: Question about surgery and recovery

A knee scooter is very, very halpful while non-wight bearing.

Reply Reply