It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• FOOT WOUND, what call protruded muscle tissue

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
    davezz
    (male)

davezz HB User
    Lightbulb FOOT WOUND, what call protruded muscle tissue

hi, first post..]

i have had a portion of skin that rubbed off easily, from not having access to hot water/ bathing. as a foot doctor explained it is possible for skin to just sluff off. area was about 1 inch square and was very painful.

this turned into an open wound that i had much trouble in getting to heal.
    i had meat / muscle tissue grow as a protrusion above the skin & had it removed with a chemical acid? treatment to burn away undesired extra meat? tissue.

question: i heard the medical name for the condition but cannot recall it. does anyone know what it might be. it describes muscle tissue that protrudes from the the skin.

it had a hard name something like: vulcanic eruption (i made that up, probably not those words). thanks.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-23-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: FOOT WOUND, what call protruded muscle tissue

Hi..welcome to HB.

Protruding excess flesh from a healing wound is called proud flesh. It's usually needed to be removed by debriding manually or by chemical means.

Was the word granulomas what the doctor used?

q

Old 01-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
    davezz
    (male)

davezz HB User

hi, pardon while to get back, i kept a link though :)

i don't think it was called that "granulomas", i did a quick google on it and saw pic looked like a type of burn welt.

what i had was more than an open sore, more like an open wound, all skin gone in small area maybe 1 inch square. very painful red tissue showing would not heal (i did not know how to treat it; to be fair to others list healing seemed to be needed to keep moist ointment & bandage over it so living skin tissue could grow back, and not let it get wet.. funny problem still, to get last top layer to heal); so i would look up more to find out how to treat it all the way.

have to confess i have not done an in depth search like can do: 8-16 hours what ever, pending.

i am certain the name was more like (a little sound like & a little meaning):
    extreme?/external? something and like: hyper vulcan eruption

(probably not had words hyper or vulcan). thanks.

other words checking..
    xeno, not having much luck

if there is a term for the use of acid to burn away extra? protruding? flesh with acid, maybe can try to search that (not even finding that procedure yet)

Last edited by davezz; 01-26-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
    davezz
    (male)

davezz HB User

hi, I spent some hours looking, and found:
    one step closer? any ideas on correct terminology? I found 3 terms that might relate to what was looking for but not sure if was the correct phrase
    HYPERSARCOMA eruption, vulcan vulkan ?

notes:
    TRY0: skin wound? growing flesh eruption

fibrous tissue. Fibroma

HYPERSARCOMA eruption, vulcan vulkan ?

goog: hypersarcosis (fleshy outgrowth), got result: vulkans, eruption

hypertrophy (enlargement of organ?)

proud flesh, wound, exuberant, granulation https://educalingo.com/en/dic-en/proud-flesh

protruding flesh wound acid chemical what

tissue eruption

tumor, tissue: myofibroma ?? myolipoma

wound: See also Ahr anion, Injury, Scar, Grafting, Healing

proud flesh, fungosity, granulations, hernia, hyper, hypersarcosis; ERUPTION: see skin, utaneous? epidermis

Last edited by davezz; 02-07-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #5
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Lots of awesome options....impressive research.
    Ulceration?

q

Old 01-27-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you tried to contact the doctor and ask him?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear davezz,

How is the lesion doing?
    my concern is what you are doing to manage it.

It seems to me that you need to keep it clean and dry as much as possible. Perhaps soak the foot in water then pat it dry, then apply hydrogen peroxide to kill any bacteria, then apply a gauze covering. Expose it to air as much as possible.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:48 AM   #8
    davezz
    (male)

davezz HB User

hi, thanks for all the replies.
    i think i got myself within 80 or 90% of what needed.
    need is for a couple of areas, medical & legal.. (LL not turning on hot water on cause of problems), just saying, some problems with medical personnel as well not getting help. current foot doctor not know term, but helping.

for post with: Ulceration, thanks.. i picked up on that (with no medical background, just searching). and will know the correct term i was looking for (if hear it again), but still not exact for what heard previously from 2 different locations, funny i did not write it down or remember it.

it could be like what i found though (my attempt-verbiage, note: got the hard way 8 or 10 hour day on google): Answer using:

CHRONIC HYPER SARCOMA ERUPTION ON FOOT (3+ years)
    HYPER SARCOMA: excessive growth of proud flesh or ulcer (chemically treated by acid burn away excess -red meat- flesh to facilitate healing, skin regrowth).

my situation was chronic because i had no idea how to care for it.
    instead of (if you will: clean it first/ after a chemical burn away excess red flesh-meat), then keep dry to let flesh grow back. before the medical treatment best idea i had was to use hydrogen-peroxide to keep it clean, using neosporin, and if matters vitamins: super B complex, E 1200 iu.

during treatment a cancer test came back negative for that item.

guess: 95% healed but cannot get last layer to take hold for healing. call it about 1 inch square of new area skin as unquote: not real skin/ any air to it (caps: LIKE WHEN AIR to red meat was extreme pain over a long period of time, if call it at 90% healed or less).
    by not real skin, i mean the whole thing could dry up and be the same open wound again, and calling 90% more dire, and 95% more healed.

where at now: small 1/4 inch of thin layer of skin will not heal. seems to me that anyone else as unknowledgeable at it as myself, what do?? seeing foot doctor today & will ask.

the last small area of skin healing turns into a hard skin layer, that keeps turning into more a scab rather than gets chance to heal.

thanks for the help. i am close enough.

note: hydrogen peroxide maybe.. not if not know to keep dry to heal (wrong answer), then only use small amount?
    i ended up with a too dry of a wound/ leaving dry pealing of skin would not let heal. i was wrongfully trying to dry the wound up. (if use hydrogen peroxide to kill germs, use a prescribed ointment to keep wound moist & covered so can heal: seems to be answer)

seems a bandage with some ointment/ maybe neosporin.. to allow live flesh to grow while keeping it covered with bandage, was the answer. and checking for how to heal that last layer of skin / how consider a strong healed condition ? all have is to keep paying attention to it, to let it heal & still keep it covered. will check back if find out different.

verify:
    so short answer think is: (wet sore)
    for last layers heal if scab falls off & is open sore, clean, use ointment to keep moist with a bandage covering & keep water proofed when in shower, that is: do not let shower water dry out skin to stop new skin growth (see foot doctor for a cover/ buy online?). ie: let skin grow back.

checking: (dry sore)
    if a dry unquote: sore covering, keep: clean/ dry? with a gauze cover (maybe some lite neosporin) & do the same water proof in shower. ie: leave dry skin alone, it's not done healing underneath.

Last edited by davezz; 02-07-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #9
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Just to clarify...sarcoma is a term that means cancer. I urge you to call your doctor's office and ask what the doctor stated that you have.

q

Reply Reply

Tags
    foot and ankle, injury, wound