It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Cast Claustrophobia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
    lisa7
    (female)

lisa7 HB User
    Cast Claustrophobia

I know there aren't too many people out there who suffer from this phobia, thank goodness. In case you are one of them, I just wanted to post and let you know you are not alone! Just to keep it short and not bore anyone, I broke my talus bone falling down a long flight of stairs and after they put a splint on me the first night I had a major panic attack. It was so awful ! I went back to the E.R. the next morning and had them remove it, letting them know I would lay in bed for the next 2 months if necessary as long as I didn't have to wear this cast, lol ! They humored me and sent me home with a boot ( I had to sign paperwork that acknowledge this was against their recommendations, didn't care !). After some research, and stressing to my dr. that there is no other way, lol, he gave me a removable cast ( didn't know they existed) and I spent the remaining time in it. Just knowing I could remove it at anytime made all the difference in the world. I was so thankful and took care of myself. I was told I was ahead of the healing timeline by my dr. and was able to remove it sooner than later, and I am so thankful. Just putting this out there because the panic attack I had was truly awful and unless you have every experienced it, you wont understand. For those who know what I'm talking about, there is a way out, lol ! I most certainly did not think so that first night !!! (BTW, I am two days into walking without the boot, my ankle is totally swollen, I'm limping, and very thankful !) Dr. Said I'm doing great !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread