It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Foot Ice Baths

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-30-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
    Zerk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User
    Foot Ice Baths

I did a lot of icing after my accident. But simply got tired of doing it. Ice packs are pain to keep in place, even with the ones that strapped.

Had a bad spring, so started doing it again, but different. Started using ice baths. Filling up my lunch cooler with water and ice. Easy to just stick my foot in the cooler. Next morning or after work, still cold enough for another round.

How much ice and what temps, is up for debate. Not a lot of research on this, that gives temp. First time to much ice. I had the temp close to 32F. Could not last long at all.

Now I sometimes use frozen water bottles so save on ice. Sometimes still dump some ice in.

I am using less ice, but also going longer, which some might just toughing up. Sometimes worry over doing it. Still when really cold just 3-5 minutes.

Only do it for a few minutes, rather than packs for 15-20. Cold water the next day might be 15 or 20.

Ice water just seems a lot easier, and transfers the cold better. Not for everyone, cause it is cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply