It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Bunions

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
    Bing3892
    (female)

Bing3892 HB User
    Bunions

In the past year, I have dealt with tendonitis and a fungal toenail on my right foot. Now add a bunion to the list of complaints... Sometimes I feel like this poor foot will never be well.

I started experiencing pain in the joint of my toe and went to a podiatrist to find out how to best treat my suspected bunion pain. Answer: surgery. Okay, so I get that ultimately surgery is the only way to correct a bunion, but I don't want to do that right now, so what else can I do in the meantime? Answer: surgery. Sigh...

I'm thirty-five. I suspect that I inherited my bunions from my grandmother, and while unsightly, they never progressed to severely deformed. I'm hoping that bodes well for me since I was reading that severity seems to boil down to a combination of predisposition and shoe choices.

I have ditched my heels and acquired some soft, roomy shoes that don't cause pain. I have seen conflicting information regarding the use of splints, pads, and custom orthotics. Browsing forums do not make me feel more favorably towards surgery since it seems that additional complications and recurrence are fairly common.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply