It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Please help with my grade 2 sprained ankle

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
    Htoocool

Htoocool HB User
    Please help with my grade 2 sprained ankle

I know theres only so much anyone can do over the internet, but this is the only hope I have.

17 days ago I tripped and sprained my ankle pretty badly. It's a grade 2. I went to urgent care and they gave me a walking boot and told me to use it for two weeks. The swelling finally went down enough and some of the bruises were gone so I gave walking a shot this morning. No pain and that was surprising.

I guess I put too much weight on it because it swelled up again and now my foot is freezing cold. I've got a compression sock and a brace on it since I'm only sitting down but my foot is freezing and my toes are purple.

With the covid-19 thing going on I really don't want to go to the doctor. The office will be full of sick people and I don't want to be there unless I need to be since I was laid off and don't have health insurance. Also, a lot of places are closed because of covid-19 so I can really only go to urgent care or the ER.

I've never had a sprain that didn't heal itself overnight so I don't know what to think about this. Is any of this normal? Should I be doing something differently?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply