It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Brostrom failed - They are doing a Chrisman-Snook procedure

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-14-2020, 11:52 PM   #1
    Jg2474

Jg2474 HB User
    Brostrom failed - They are doing a Chrisman-Snook procedure

Hi

I had a modified Bromstrom done on my left ankle about 4 years ago. Did well after surgery and ankle seemed to hold up well until about 6 months ago.

I noticed some problems. It would become unstable again when walking and roll out. When I go down stairs, it would go completely out. I had one situation which resulted in me falling down stairs. Plus Increased ankle pain throughout the day and a sense of locking in the joint. Sharp pain at night

I saw a new dr who did not do my original surgery and he did do x-rays which raised some concern. He also noticed that the ligament is loose again on exam He ordered an stat MRI. He told me that he will most like need to go in and do a revision.

Got the MRI report back and it said that the ATFL is attenuated (thin-stretch). I thought the surgery took care of this. Why did it thin and stretch out again.

I am a teacher. I was planning to take a vacation during break but now have to cancel it so this can be repaired because the next time will be summer.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
    Jg2474

Jg2474 HB User
    Chrisman-Snook procedure

Hi

I saw the ankle surgeon today to get the MRI results. Love it when the radiologist can't read the film and the surgeon can. The one thing they agreed on is that the AFTL is shred and thin. The CFL is fine according to the radiologist but the surgeon said it is completely missing and detach. There is alot of scar tissue as well.

He suggest surgery as it won't get better on its own. It is unstable. It's painful at the end of the day but it is so unpredictable. Already fell down the stairs once. They are doing a Chrisman-Snook procedure. It is planned for my winter break.

What can I expect?

Reply Reply