It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Ball of foot

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-01-2020, 12:49 AM   #1
    kee4u
    (male)

kee4u HB User
    Ball of foot

I need some information/ help. I've been living with pain with the ball of my feet for year and at times the pain will go up to my knees. And now both toes and the small toes hurt. I think it maybe gout.
    I've had two sets of orthotic which costed a lot and didn't help at all.
    I was wondering if anyone have this problem and know a treatment that actually works? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2020, 04:42 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Ball of foot

Orthotics won't help gout. Were you dx'ed with a blood test for gout? There are meds and diet for gout so that would be rather simple to correct. Why kind of doctor did you go to? It sound sort of like a Morton's neuroma to me from the short description you've given. You would need see a sports med ortho who specializes in feet for a correct DX of either condition.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
    Zialov
    (female)

Zialov HB User

It sounds like you need to find out what is causing your pain. If it is gout, my son-in-law is on a medication that takes care of it but he must drink lots of water through out the day with this medicine. Find a doctor who can diagnose this problem. Morton's Neuroma comes to mind also. That's a completely different kind of foot problem. I think I would find an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in feet and ankles only. I hope you find an answer.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Have you tried acupuncture? I was in a terrible automobile accident and my legs were very damaged from the hip on down through the toes. This was a little over two years ago, and the acupuncturist just opened up the nerves of my toes; before that, she was opening all sorts of nerves and muscles in the legs. I tell you this because I feel that acupuncturist knows the nerves and tendons, etc., of the body and how they should work much better than any doctor. When I first went to her, my legs were so swollen she could hardly touch them due to sensitivity. The heel connects to all sorts of nerves and tissues in the leg.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #5
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kee4u View Post
    I need some information/ help. I've been living with pain with the ball of my feet for year and at times the pain will go up to my knees. And now both toes and the small toes hurt. I think it maybe gout.
    I've had two sets of orthotic which costed a lot and didn't help at all.
    I was wondering if anyone have this problem and know a treatment that actually works? Thanks
    Orthotics will just make the muscles in your feet and leg weak and are a waste of money!!! I speak from experience,

Reply Reply