HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Foot & Ankle Problems (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/foot-ankle-problems/)
-   -   Any advice on what is ailing my feet??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/foot-ankle-problems/1053189-any-advice-what-ailing-my-feet.html)

holly777 09-26-2021 10:51 AM

Any advice on what is ailing my feet???

Hi there! A little background: I have been an avid cyclist for 20+ years so have always had tight calves. In spring of this year, I walked 15+ miles in bad shoes and developed severe foot pain in left foot - the diagnosis was Plantar Fasciitis. I saw both a Podiatrist and an Orthopedic that specializes in feet.

Fast forward to now...It has NOT gotten any better with the ice, calf stretches etc. As a matter of fact, both feet are now in pain! The pain is not in the heel, but across the arch of my foot. In addition to pain, it also burns and then my toes and side of feet get numb. I can barely walk! I am so frustrated. Crazy thing is, after sitting down for a few minutes, the pain completely subsides.

I have a follow-up in 2 weeks but am looking for other possible causes instead of the PF. Both doctors said numbness isn't associated with PF.

Any ideas I could discuss at my follow-up would be greatly appreciated!!

Machaon 09-26-2021 03:43 PM

Re: Any advice on what is ailing my feet???

[QUOTE=holly777;5512969] ... Crazy thing is, after sitting down for a few minutes, the pain completely subsides.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of an experience that my wife had. We used to power walk an hour a day, in our home. There was a step halfway, so she was constantly stepping down and then stepping up. She started experiencing painful Plantar Fasciitis. We changed our route to avoid the step and she was able to fully recover.

Annie7679 09-27-2021 08:30 PM

Sharp, jabbing, throbbing or burning pain, numbness, pain in your feet when putting weight on them are symptoms of peripheral neuropathy. On the other hand, you got your symptoms after long walk, which can be overused arches, healing time about 6 weeks. What you have now looks like a chronic problem. Research neuropathy and weak, fallen arches. There is a lot of information and videos. In both cases there is no medical treatment, only some mild maintenance. Watch what gives you relief. Hope you will feel better.

danabarb 10-30-2021 02:54 PM

I was a tennis player for years and one day, my arch was so tight, I could hardly walk. An orthopedic dr told me to stretch and that did the trick. Under your foot is the plantar facia and it is like an elastic band. If that gets too tight, it can effect your whole foot and leg. Orthodics just make it worse. I had such flat feet a number of years ago that they looked like pancakes. Got into some heavy strengthening exercise and now have a beautiful arch and no trouble with plantar facia.