It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Plantar Fascitis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-30-2022, 07:57 PM   #1
    JustMeJen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB User
    Plantar Fascitis

I've had plantar fascitis twice before, both when I was on crutches or in a boot on the other foot. I have it now and have no idea what the cause is. Well, I think it might be my orthotic but my podiatrist doesn't. (I know that I need to see an ortho specializing in feet but the podiatrist is the one who can get my orthotics fixed on warranty so I went there first).

I'm doing PT and they are treating scar tissue from the sole of my foot and tightness all the way up my Achilles. It stays fairly sore from the therapies to break up the scar tissue. I think it is helping but it is slow.

I know if PT doesn't work by some point they'll want to do cortisone shots. I do not want steroids injections because I have bipolar and steroids mess with my mental health.

How long has traditional therapy taken you to help? I'm doing stretches, Graston therapy and ultrasound. I'm being told this is severe so not to expect to be better tomorrow.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #2
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: Plantar Fascitis

I am no doctor, but had plantar fasciitis very badly and all I had to do was stretch that muscle and it was gone. Look up stretching exercises on the Internet.

The Following User Says Thank You to danabarb For This Useful Post:
    JustMeJen (09-21-2022)
    Old 09-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Stretching will help. Rolling a frozen water bottle with you foot will as well. Be sure and stretch it before you get out of bed in the mornings!

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    JustMeJen (09-21-2022)
    Old 09-21-2022, 01:47 PM   #4
    Zerk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User

When it bothers me, I roll my foot on golf ball. I like digging it in. Frozen water bottle is common too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zerk For This Useful Post:
    JustMeJen (09-21-2022)
    Old 09-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #5
    JustMeJen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB UserJustMeJen HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    When it bothers me, I roll my foot on golf ball. I like digging it in. Frozen water bottle is common too.
    I've found the best is a frozen golf ball. It doesn't stay cold for very long but it really massages the deep tissue.

Old 09-21-2022, 02:06 PM   #6
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustMeJen View Post
    I've had plantar fascitis twice before, both when I was on crutches or in a boot on the other foot. I have it now and have no idea what the cause is. Well, I think it might be my orthotic but my podiatrist doesn't. (I know that I need to see an ortho specializing in feet but the podiatrist is the one who can get my orthotics fixed on warranty so I went there first).

I'm doing PT and they are treating scar tissue from the sole of my foot and tightness all the way up my Achilles. It stays fairly sore from the therapies to break up the scar tissue. I think it is helping but it is slow.

I know if PT doesn't work by some point they'll want to do cortisone shots. I do not want steroids injections because I have bipolar and steroids mess with my mental health.

How long has traditional therapy taken you to help? I'm doing stretches, Graston therapy and ultrasound. I'm being told this is severe so not to expect to be better tomorrow.

Thank you!
    I have had severe P.F. on both feet as well as surgery to remove bunions years ago plus I wore orthotics, I got rid of the orthotics and learned how to stretch my feet and legs and have had NO trouble since. If your plantar facia, which is like an elastic band under your foot is not stretched, you will have trouble and all sorts of tightness. orthotics make that part of your foot weaker. do some strengthening and stretching and you will see a big difference. I had very flat feet, but now have nice arches because I have worked at all this. It did not take me long to get rid of the plantar f,

Reply Reply