It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Anyone have just the tailor bunion done?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #1
    piggy22

piggy22 HB User
    Anyone have just the tailor bunion done?

Just a little update on my surgeries...

I feel like I'm almost stalking this website :P but this board has really helped me through my bunion/hammertoe surgeries (4 wks and 6 wks post-op for each foot). I'm doing pretty well now.. still a bit of swelling (i can't fit into my own shoes yet so i had to buy some extra big/wide sneakers to wear for the next few more weeks), but not too much pain...i still walk reeeally slowly, but it's getting easier to walk about. my scabs are starting to peel off too so they're looking better. i soak them for about 30 min and then keep them elevated as soon as i get home from work. just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted - every little detail helped me get through this

so now that my big bunions are (almost) all gone (still a bit swollen), my tailor bunions have started to become more noticeable, both visually as well as pain-wise...i think i kind of ignored them for so long because the regular bunions had hurt a lot more (and were a lot bigger) I tried to search for posts on tailors, but didn't find too much....so I wanted to ask if any of you have had just tailor bunion surgeries - if so, how long is the recovery process (give or take)? Is it a lot shorter/less painful than the bunion? about how much time off of work would someone need? I'm thinking of maybe getting them done next year since I don't think I can take any more time off of work for this year. Any details about the surgery would be helpful. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
    HappyMama

HappyMama HB User
    Re: Anyone have just the tailor bunion done?

I haven't had the tailor bunions removed, but did find that once I got my bunions removed I noticed the tailors much more! They don't hurt though unless I were to wear really tight shoes, which I'm going to stay away from, so I'm not going to do anything about it.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
    chezlux
    (female)

chezlux HB User

I had the rt toe bunion and tailors bunion removed 4 wks ago. The big toe bunion wasn't hurting me before surgery, but the tailors bunion killed!! He did the same procedure to my little metatarsal as he did the large bunion. I had a pin in for 3 wks and have to wear a camwalker. He said if I would've just had the tailors done, I would still be in a special shoe for four to six weeks. I can tell you the area where the tailors surgery was done has caused me little to no pain. At first the pin really bothered me because it rubbed on the camwalker. But now, no pain at all. I know there are a few different procedures for tailors bunion surgery, including just removing the joint all together. So i guess it just depends on what you have done. As for me, I am having the other foot done next year.
    Good luck to ya!

Old 04-24-2004, 08:22 AM   #4
    piggy22

piggy22 HB User

you're right, the tailor does hurt so much more than the regular bunion. for the big bunion, i had like an achy, sore feeling, but with the tailor, i'm getting very acute pain...it hurts even when i'm not in a shoe i'm gonna ask my doctor about that next appt. hopefully the recovery won't be as long as this one. thanks for your reply!

Old 04-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
    chezlux
    (female)

chezlux HB User

Somedays my tailor's bunion kills me, other days no pain at all. It seems not to correlate with shoes. So who knows. Good luck!

Closed Thread