It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

• Bunion & Hammertoe Surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #16
    carreg
    (female)

carreg HB User
    Re: Bunion & Hammertoe Surgery

Thank you Eko for the advice about elevating and icing. I've always had a very high tolerance for pain. I must say, however, this has really tested that tolerance. I made a huge mistake the first night of waiting until the pain got to around an 8 or 9 before taking the pain med. Needless to say, I won't make that mistake again. The pain seems to be worse in the evening. I am really anxious to see what my foot is going to look like when the doctor changes the bandages on Monday especially since the surgery was more extensive than what we had previously discussed in his office.
    Susie, I hope all is going as well as can be expected since your surgery. Take your pain med BEFORE the pain gets too bad!!!
    Squirellmom, best wishes with your surgery on Friday. Let us know how you are doing after the surgery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2004, 10:49 AM   #17
    susieblueyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

susieblueyes HB User
    Re: Bunion & Hammertoe Surgery

carreg,you will be surprised when they remove the bandages.It feels really good when they scrub and wash your foot. After the scrubbing he poured alcohol over my foot, I thought it would burn but it actually felt good.Take care, Sue

Closed Thread